Roamio Xfinity 'activation'

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by WVZR1, Jun 26, 2019.

1. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    My Roamio+ w/TE3 & PLS has been without CableCard for nearly 12 months. It's been Internet connected for most of that time. I never did a 'Clear & Delete' for a resale assuming that a potential buyer might be interested in either content or I could at least use the content to explain operation, 'SKIP' etc first hand. I've watched content from time to time. Xfinity programming in this area has changed some. What would be the best approach? Clear & Delete start over, reconnect and then resort Favs, recurring etc. The A9300 Mini has just been shelved - is there a need to do anything with it prior to connecting it via Ethernet

Roamio is 20.7.4.RC42 and it's had a TiVo Service Connection today

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    I have no idea what you're asking other than if you should do a full reset for resale, and the answer to that is obviously yes.

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    You need to acquire a CableCARD from Comcast, get it paired with your unit (by contacting Comcast), and should be good to go on the DVR. Not sure why the hesitation on the Mini; if it has All-In/Lifetime service and is on the same TiVo account as the DVR, then just get it networked (per requirements) and connecting to the TiVo service to get its software up-to-date.

You can do a factory reset (C&DE) on the Mini, or just re-run Guided Setup ... and at the end of either you'll select the DVR as the Mini's host.

p.s. Just know that you won't have access to Xfinity On Demand. (link)

4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Just rerun guided set up on the Roamio and clear delete the mini.

krkaufman likes this.
  5. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

I didn't know that it might be wise to treat as NEW/resale since it had been a very long time since it had been active. No resale! Just me again. I'm going to likely just do the card, leave it as is and see what happens!

I've got the CableCARD and I also carried an XG1V4 DVR home also. I thought the Xfinity box would be the easiest and I started there. That was maybe a mistake. It's been a very slow go for it's activation.Through my receiver it 'defaulted' to 1080/60P and on my Samsung Plasma PN64F8500 it's much better PQ than I expected. Actually I'm quite impressed'

*****25 minutes after a 60 minute set-up MAYBE A RUSH TO JUDGEMENT - Xfinity message 'Sorry, we're having some trouble" We may need to restart your box. 10 minutes and now they want me to 'unplug'. Looks like a long night

That's why I carried the XG1V4 DVR home. For me the buy of 'Triple-Play Package' will save me several $$.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    How do your TiVo boxes network, via Ethernet or MoCA? (Hopefully having just the one X1 box won't create any MoCA headaches, if MoCA.)

7. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Ethernet connections all. I don't believe there's issues now. I didn't touch the Roamio until the XG1V4 seemed to get acquainted. Not having TV from Xfinity for 12 months and a self install less than 2 hours after the equipment pick up might have complicated things, My Xfinity account was a mess for a while after I looked. The on-line CableCARD activation wouldn't work. I believe it thought I wanted to activate the XG1V4. It took 3 hits to get what seems to be my entire programming to authenticate. I'll do a Guided Set-Up later in day.

I watched the XG1V4 for a while and my L3TV toggling through my receiver and there's likely PQ issues but I'd wager 'BIGG' might have issues with a 'blind test' on a 'PERFORMANCE' 1080P display.

8. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I've run the PN64F8500 for only a couple of hours with the XG1V4 and compared it toggling through my receiver w/L3TV and it's likely 'better than expected'. A few hours over the week-end will be a better comparison. The L3TV will be with me for 10 more days to compare. The A9300 Mini today on the 1080P Plasma to compare against the L3TV and XG1V4!!!

The Darbee? It's a maybe but very likely!

AGAIN I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS AFTER I ASKED!!!!!!!