Roamio won’t Boot....

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by LocoV, Jun 19, 2020.

1. LocoV

LocoV New Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I have a roamio from late 2013. TCD846500

About 6 months ago the Ethernet port stopped working even thought the lights on the port turn on at start up and somewhere during boot, turn off and ethernet won’t work.

I found the unit today with a no signal message on the tv and no lights on the TiVo. When I plug it in the front panel red&blue light flash on and off, next the internal blue light (In the case)comes on and stays on. That is where the boot stops. Nothing on screen. I have opened the case and I can hear the HD spin up and the read/write arm moves. I have tested the power supply to show it is putting out 12v and tried another plug entirely. I can’t kickstart since it never boots far enough to try it.
    I don’t have a way of fully testing the hard drive as I don’t have a pc to put it in, but like I said I can hear it spin up and write arm move.

the whole failure process is about 1 second from applying power, so I don’t know if that’s enough time for the HD to cause an issue anyways.

I don’t know if these 2 issues are related but wanted to give as much info as I had.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I have searched the forums and i found an identical problem but it was from 2014 and no solution was given at that time, I was hoping time has found a solution.

Thank you for your time