Roamio update

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Buster52, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Buster52

Buster52 New Member

Jun 20, 2009

Advertisements

I just bought a Roamio OTA VOX and set it up and all was right until it updated. Now it has changed all the functions making it hard to use and all commands are black and white. Is this right or has something gone wrong? I do not like what it has become. Also it doesn't find my external storage I was using on my Tivo Series 3.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Dan Cour likes this.
  3. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

it's lost external hard was drive married to S3

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    How can it find that? That external is added to the S3 alone and cannot share with other devices. Removing it will remove the shows.

5. Gerardo Rivera

Gerardo Rivera New Member

Mar 26, 2018

Advertisements

i just updated my tivo roamio OTA last sunday with the 6tb hard drive everything was find apparently there's a list with the recently deleted channels that i can't delete. my recordings won't last a day after a day they just dissapear without even a trace. i really don't know what to do. there's no one who can help me on this?

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    There is no such thing as Recently Deleted Channels. There is a Recently Deleted folder and it holds shows that has been deleted and it only removes then for the space needed for next recordings.

I do not know what you did to upgrade the Roamio to 6TB, but Roamio can only self-format up to 3TB, and it will be a new Tivo with nothing on it. To use the full 6TB space, you need to put that drive into a Windows computer and run a program called MSFR. This will expand to the full drive space.

You never asked until now.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Do a Clear and Delete Everything.

Scott

Dan Cour likes this.