1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio stuck on Standard Time

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by RoamioJeff, Mar 14, 2016.

1. RoamioJeff

RoamioJeff Unregistered User

May 8, 2014
    Okay, this may be obvious, but I cannot seem to figure it out. So my Roamio has not made the switch to DST. Time is one hour off in the TiVo Central screen, and I cannot seem to find the place in the Settings to manually set the clock and/or set DST.

Any hints?

(And, yes, I've done several restarts and forced connections)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    It should have automatically changed at 2 AM Sunday like your computer does. It shouldn't even need a connection.

Where exactly are you? You're not in Arizona or Hawaii or some other place that doesn't have DST. (check your TiVo zip code to make sure it's correct.)

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Maybe TiVo thinks you live in Arizona. In any case, a TiVo sets its time when it makes the connection to the TiVo servers; there isn't any way to manually set the clock that anyone has shared, unless you have a hacked TiVo with telnet access. In my opinion your only recourse is TiVo customer support. Be polite but persistent; don't take "no" for an answer.

Good luck!

4. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    Zip code is correct, that was the first thing I thought to check. I'm on the East coast.

All my other computers and devices adjusted properly. Odd.

5. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    No hacks here :)

So far I've had no recording scheduled. We'll see what happens later tonight.

I'm going to suppress my rant about the government forcing us to fiddle with clocks twice a year. :D

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Bring up the guide. Hit the day back button (it's above the "A"). Then go forward to 1am. does 2am display? if it does your box has a problem. Check the System Info for anything weird.

7. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    Didn't get a chance to do that, but I had a recording scheduled for 8PM. So at 7:59 I had the TiVo Central screen up, and when my recording started the clock on the TiVo Central screen went from 6:59 to 8:00. Now the time is correct. I had no other recordings scheduled since 2 AM on Sunday.

Maybe the scheduled recording triggered something to be knocked into place. Only TiVo knows how the software operates.

Anyway, I'm marking this issue as resolved for now and will keep an eye on it. Still under warranty, so if it shoud decide that it wants to self-identify as a toaster or blender, it can be sent back for mental reconditioning. :)

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    See you in November. Note that the guide gets its update a week or more before the time change. Watch for 2am twice. ;)

9. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    Resurrecting old thread, but it's still happening on my base Roamio.

So, again, since the time change Sunday morning, the time display on the Roamio had been one hour behind. This, again, was the case until the first scheduled recording to take place since the time change. When that recording took place (at the proper time, 8AM Mon), the clock display in TiVo central jumped ahead to the correct time.

This has been going on with every time change, twice a year, since I got my TiVo Romeo in 2014.

Anyone else ever catch this?

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Nope. Three Roamio boxes all happy. I didn't record anything until 8pm Sunday, and my SI displayed the change also.

11. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Rerun setup paying particular attention to time setup

Sent from my SM-T817P using Tapatalk

chiguy50 likes this.
  12. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    For anyone interested this still happens but never seems to adversely affect anything. The time is off by one hour on the TiVo Central screen after a time change, either plus or minus depending on which time change occurred, but it instantly corrects upon the start of the first scheduled recording after a time change. I was going to try to capture a video of it on my phone this time, but forgot.

Not a big deal I guess for something that happens twice a year with no adverse effects :)

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's weird. But since I always record SNL, I would never notice.

14. RoamioJeff

May 8, 2014
    I'm kinda pissed I forgot to record it happening. Well, maybe in six months :)

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    March 10, 2019. Unless we get smart and kill it.

Diana Collins and RoamioJeff like this.