Roamio slow loading shows in folders

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kbmb, Jul 16, 2015.

1. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    For the past few weeks both our Roamios have been slow when viewing a folder of shows. Going into the folder, often times you have to wait 4-5 seconds for the screen to load the list of shows. Also when deleting a show and having the Roamio go back to load the show list......again we wait for the list to populate at least 4-5 seconds.

Anyone else seeing this?

This is happening on both our Roamios (Plus and Basic). Both connected via ethernet, both upgraded this morning to 20.5.2. No issues with internet connection......speed test on the network 120/10.

-Kevin

2. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Exact same thing here. It's slow when entering a folder, selecting a show to see info, deleting the show, etc.

3. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm seeing this too.

4. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Tested some things last night. Seems the Tivo does some kind of caching in the short term. Most times when I would enter a folder and it would be slow.....exiting the folder and going back in right away the folder almost always loads quickly. After some period of time (maybe 5 minutes or so) going back into the folder results in the slow load again.

I pulled the ethernet on one box and that seemed to allow all folders to load quickly, which again points to this being a Tivo issue communicating with the mother ship.

I'd call Tivo support but .......no....wait a minute......I don't have that kind of time to hear about my signal levels ;-)

-Kevin

5. jayfest

jayfest Not-so-New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    New Jersey
    Tivo support was no help. I just added my name to the list of people reporting this problem.

6. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast
    The UI has been sluggish since people started reporting The Blue Circle of Endless Wait© problem.

I had the problem severely initially (as well as random reboots), but once that cleared up the next day, found myself with a UI that was, to put it kindly, not nearly as responsive as it had been 48 hours earlier.

Devising a system where every single little action by the user has to be OK'd by 'mom' over the Internet before anything happens is exceptionally poor programming.

Who on earth though that was a good idea?

7. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Member

Jul 23, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Could it be its loading the streaming options for whatever show you are going in to?

8. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Could be Howie......could be!!!

Attached Files:

9. bob61

bob61 Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Lag on folder load here too. Been occurring for a couple weeks. Had this occur several weeks ago and then it just cleared up all by itself. Thinking it has to due with TiVo network as well.

10. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    And tonight also getting blue circles on search and messages about how search is not available at this time.

And we pay for this?

-Kevin

11. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    This has been unbearable tonight, I'm ready to throw it out the window...

12. dougdingle

dougdingle HD Tech

Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast
    Does it get better if you unplug from your network?

If so, can you give it a hard IP and program your router to only give it access overnight so it still gets guide data and updates until this craziness is fixed?

13. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I could, but I have one Mini currently watching Netfilx and another watching recordings from the Roamio Pro.

14. RoyK

RoyK New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    SW VA
    +1

15. TiVoSupport_Sarah

TiVoSupport_Sarah TiVo Representative

Mar 30, 2015
    TiVo customers, can you please Private Message me your TiVo Service Number off your TiVo boxes that are exeriencing this issue? We would like to further research the issues that you are experiencing. Thank you!

Under TiVo Central > Message & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information

16. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Awesome support Sarah, but methinks your PM Inbox is gonna crash with overloaded messages! They don't give much space here.

17. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Might be easier to have people submit their TSNs if they AREN'T having the issue :p

-Kevin

18. kbmb

kbmb Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Thank you again to Sarah. She called this evening with instructions on sending logs (typical 911 clear).

Fantastic news if she's going to be involved on the forums.

Now of course, since she called all folders are loading normally. :eek:

-Kevin

19. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    My Roamio Pro has been doing this off and on for maybe a month or more. I first suspected a hard drive going bad as I've seen this before and that was the issue.

Once I checked this forum, yep Tivo screwed something up and I'm not the only one, and Tivo Community is only a fraction of the pissed off customers.

20. sugarprune

sugarprune New Member

Jul 31, 2015
    I'm having the same issue. I've been using some version of the TiVo for 10 years now and this is my first issue where it's been terribly slow and it just started this week.

I've had hard drives go bad, but these are fairly new so I don't think that's the issue. It works OK overall, but loading folders, shows, going back to delete, etc. give me the blue spinny ball for up to 15-20 seconds.

I've cleaned it up (using 5% capacity) and have an authorized hard drive attached so it's not a room issue. I have suggestions turned off.