Roamio skip screen freeze

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Blarney, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Blarney

Blarney New Member

Feb 7, 2016

Advertisements

I just purchased two Roamio's and two Mini's. Setup when well, both upgraded to version 20.5.6, both forward skip changed with Select Select play 3 0 Select.

All is well except, one of my Roamio's skips forward and back instantly as it should. The other has a 3 second or so screen freeze on every forward and back skip, extremely annoying.

Is there a fix for this or should I RMA?

Thanks for your help
    Mick

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Swap locations of the Roamio boxes and see if the problem follows the box or if the problem stays with the location. That will tell you whether the problem is a specific box or connections at a location.

3. Blarney

Blarney New Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Thanks moyekj,

After moving the boxes as you suggested, they now both work. Very confusing because I had rebooted the box already.

4. wtherrin

wtherrin New Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Just curios but did your new Roamio boxes do a firmware update after you set them up?

5. Blarney

Blarney New Member

Feb 7, 2016

Advertisements

I only had the boxes a day or two at the time I made the post, updates happened upon the initial setup. We've had a few update since - QuickMode & SkipMode updates.

Also I check the version updates between the two boxes, both the same, even though one worked and one didn't.

New thought - I stated I rebooted the box that wasn't working, I never rebooted the box that was working until I make the switch. The box that was working was the MOCA server. Might have something to do with it.

Anyway all is well now.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016