Roamio Pro with new software -- Inline ads in the on-screen guide?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Hank, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

I searched for a thread on this, so please redirect if needed.

I just got a secondhand Roamio Pro with the new Tivo software, which is taking some time to get used to (like using the BACK button)... but the on-screen guide now has a one-line advert ON EVERY PAGE! And it's not in the same place, it moves around randomly.

This is *really* screwing with my dyslexic brain thinking I'm seeing the same guide page over and over again. It's really hard to filter it out for some stupid show on ABC I really don't care about. But it's making it *really hard* just to quickly scan the guide data. I really can't explain it any better than that. There has to be a way to opt-out of this phenomenally intrusive advertising, yes?

Thanks.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    One way would be to downgrade back to the old software, TE3.

slowbiscuit, PSU_Sudzi and kpeters59 like this.
  3. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Gosh, I didn't know that was possible. Thanks.

4. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    Stay on TE4, after a while the interface will become normal. TE3 is not getting any updates.

5. Hank

Hank AC•FTW TCF Club

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

Actually, the interface doesn't bother me, there are many aspects I do like. I just want to eliminate those in-line guide ads!

6. jaredmwright

jaredmwright Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Bay Area
    Not sure why, but I don't have those on my Roamio, it may be because I opted out of the pre roll ads. I would give TiVo customer service a call and ask for the pre roll ads to be removed and ask about the ads in the guide. Maybe they are related? Can't hurt to try and if nothing else gets rid of the commercials not part of your recordings.

Hank likes this.
  7. dishrich

dishrich Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    I just recently bought a used Roamio basic, a Roamio+ & 1st gen Mini (all for future spares)...I was very happy to discover that when I went to set them all up & transfer the service to myself, ALL came with the TE3 software, so I didn't have to go thru & roll them all back. :D

8. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Except for the update that some have seen today?