Roamio Pro V53 Errors - 1 hour on hold for TiVo support

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Gromit, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Gromit

Gromit Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Atlanta, GA
    My new Roamio Pro is getting V53 errors for a lot of my channels. I've searched and I suspect this is a problem with my cable card or my Comcast signal.

I've been on hold for TiVo support for 58 minutes, which is just ridiculous.

Any suggestions on my next best option since TiVo isn't any help? I don't look forward to calling Comcast. Is a new cable card worth trying?

Thanks.

2. untfan

untfan Member

Jul 11, 2005
  3. Gromit

Gromit Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 1999
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the info!

4. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
  5. JTHOJNICKI

JTHOJNICKI Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Chicago Suburbs
    I went through this myself. I was getting V52 & V53 errors on about 14 Comcast channels when I first installed my Roamio Pro with a Comcast cablecard. I went around and around with Comcast & TiVo tech support with no resolution. Then, we happened to get some rainy weather and my Comcast Internet connection went to crap. I talked to Comcast Internet tech support and they dispatched a tech to my house. He laid a new cable and all my V52 & V53 errors went away. (I was even able to remove the 35db signal amplifier I had in-line to get the channels I was getting.) A check of the signal strengths of all my channels on the Roamio Pro showed the ones I had been getting V52 & V53 errors on previously were the weakest.