Roamio Pro locks up with static/snowy video output

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lucidrenegade, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lucidrenegade

lucidrenegade Member

Aug 20, 2013
    My Roamio Pro has started having issues locking up (I think). For the second time in 2 weeks, I've turned the TV on to find a screen with nothing but static (see the attached photo). It's not a signal issue, as the Tivo won't respond to any commands from the remote. Through cable swapping, etc., I've verified it is the Tivo and no other components. If I unplug / replug the power it boots up and works fine. I think it's locked up because my Spectrum tuning adapter usually flashes a red led when the Tivo sends it a signal. When the problem occurs, that led doesn't flash, which leads me to believe that the Tivo is hard locked. Has anyone seen this before?

Attached Files:

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    That's (most likely) an HDMI Handshake issue.

Try altering the Power On sequence you're using. Give the TV several moments before powering on any of the other devices you have connected.

Are you putting the TiVo in to any kind of Standby mode? The first step is usually to fully disable Standby.

-KP

Komputr likes this.
  3. lucidrenegade

lucidrenegade Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Thanks. I tried changing the power up sequence, used different HDMI ports, etc. and still couldn't get it to work without a power cycle. I have standby disabled.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Have you had Standby disabled the entire time?

Maybe try it the other way around then?

Put the TiVo in Standby, turn On the TV, give it quite a few seconds, Wake Up the TiVo.

Report back...

-KP