roamio powering off

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by cilj, Jul 17, 2015.

1. cilj

cilj New Member

Dec 30, 2004

Advertisements

When I turn off power via remote the tv turns off but so does the Roamio and when it powers up I have to wait until it goes through tivo typical slow startup. . I've tried messing with stand by but doesn't make a difference. I also have power saver off. I would like the roamio to stay on when I turn off tv. Thanks in advance.

2. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    How do you have the TiVo connected to power? It sounds like it is connected to a switchable outlet on a piece of equipment that is being powered off.

3. cilj

cilj New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    I have connected in a separate outlet to a surge protector. I previously had a premier in it's place without incident. I simply want to be able to turn tv off and have roamio on.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Is the surge protector new? Is it a UPS? Is the TV plugged into it? I'm wondering if you are having a voltage fluctuation causing it to drop.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I think the question everyone is asking is does your surge strip have an outlet labeled "Master"? If so, plug your Roamio into that one. Or better plug something like a cable modem or router into it. A friend has one like that so I plugged her printer into it.

Oh yeah, buy a UPS and scrap the surge strip.

6. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    When you turn off the TV, do the lights on the front of the TiVo go off?

7. cilj

cilj New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Yes the lights go off. When powered on ut goes through Tivo start up. Surge protector is 2 yrs old.

8. cilj

cilj New Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Thanks to all for your help. I fixed it by using another outlet in the surge protector.

9. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    You had best pitch that surge protector soon.

10. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    There are some surge protectors where some of the outlets are controlled by one of the outlets. But I concur with the advice given above. A TiVo should be on a UPS.