Roamio Plus Reboot Switching Tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by biff0, Mar 1, 2017.

1. biff0

biff0 New Member

May 20, 2015
    I like to switch live or recording tuners - pressing the Info Button [remote] then arrow down to tuners and pick a tuner to view - this reboots the the box 30% of the time and Support is clueless and cannot answer - they say don't use the Info Button to switch tuners - they said use Live TV Button to roll thru the various tuners. Using Info Button it's easy/fast to directly access and tuner I want.

Any thoughts to get the lazy engineers over @ Tivo to test and fix this?

2. mwacosta

mwacosta New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Yes!! I've had at least three reboots doing this. I always use the Info button method to switch tuners. For me, it seems to happen when I'm trying to switch tuners and a recording is either stopping or starting on some tuner. It doesn't seem to be a problem at other times.

I think this is a new bug. I never had this problem before.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Interesting. I have never had a reboot, but 90% of the time I wait for a clear picture then use right arrow and down. That Info button is so small.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Have never had the reboot issue, and coincidentally had switched channels this way multiple times last night and this morning.

5. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    This has happened to me about 4 or 5 times over the past few months as I frequently change the channels this way. Some kind of bug for sure. Roaming Plus.

6. mikeyou

mikeyou New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    This has been happening on my Roamio Pro for about a month. It's probably happened a dozen times, in total. It happened while changing tuners every time, but one. On the oddball occasion, it happened while I was just watching - not touching the remote. I'm pretty sure that a recording was not starting on another tuner - causing a channel change. I do regularly pause one or more tuners at a time, but this happens even when tuners are not paused. There have been a couple occasions when I've come home from work to find all six tuners on the same channel - which happens after a reboot. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this has happened when I'm not even home.

It happened multiple times in one night, six days ago. I called support and was directed to remove power for 30 seconds. It rebooted while changing tuners again tonight.

I also have a Mini and a Premiere, and I have not noticed it happening while watching either of them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017