Roamio Plus Not Allowing Mini to Stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Baundy, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Baundy

Baundy New Member

Sep 14, 2016

Advertisements

My first post and I apologize if it's been asked elsewhere, but I'm beyond frustrated. I have been using a Roamio Plus and a Mini over a MoCA network and here is my issue:

One day, out of nowhere, my Mini stopped being able to play any recorded shows (actually "Play" was no longer even an option, the first option was "Delete") and no longer allowed me to play live TV (I was getting the V113 error). This began on August 17.

After repeated emails to TiVo, chat conversations with TiVo, and one 2 1/2 hour phone call with TiVo, this is a rundown of everything that I have tried:

1. Reset and recycled the power on the Roamio Plus, the Mini, and my cable router countless times;

2. Called Comcast to make sure that they didn't turn on the MoCA on my router (which I was told could "cancel out" the TiVo MoCA);

3. Ran through "Guided Setup" on both the Roamio Plus and the Mini multiple times;

4. TiVo eventually sent me a new Mini because they said the V113 error message was very rare and nothing we had done fixed it (the problem continued after the new Mini arrived); and

5. Finally, I set up everything in my house so that I wouldn't have to use MoCA to see if that was the culprit but, as I expected, even with MoCA removed from the equation, the problem persisted.

Because everything that could have been tried with the Mini was tried, the only thing I can come up with is that, for some reason, the Roamio Plus is not allowing the Mini to stream anything. When I had both up and running everything looked fine, both would connect to TiVo, internet on both worked, and I could see what shows were recorded on both. The Mini would show that it was connected to the Roamio Plus, but I couldn't watch any recorded shows or live TV on the Mini. The Roamio Plus works fine, but my Mini is a brick right now.

I'm sorry for the long post, but any help that can be offered is GREATLY appreciated.

2. SallyC

SallyC Member

Jan 1, 2015
    It sounds like you've tried just about everything but replacing the Roamio. I also have a Roamio Plus using MoCA and my Minis (3 of them) all work fine.

The only other thing I can think of is setting the Mini up at another location in your house, if that's possible, in case the cable to that area has gone bad.

3. JumboTech

JumboTech New Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Hi Baundy,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

This sounds like something that happened to someone else on the forum a while back or very similar. If you make a new short recording right now, can you stream that to the Mini?

Alternatively, if you delete a file from the Roamio and then recover it, will it stream after being recovered?

Cheers,

Jumbo

4. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    If you can figure out how to login to your router, see if you can find where the list if active devices is. Then try setting fixed/static/reserved IP's for your Tivos and reboot everything, including the router. Google is your friend.
    My best guess is that the problem is either the router is malfunctioning or the Roamio is. If you have an old router sitting around, I would temporarily try swapping it and see if your problem goes away. Post your results.

5. Baundy

Baundy New Member

Sep 14, 2016

Advertisements

Just saw these suggestions and I'll give them a try. I'll let you know if either/both work.

Question though, if I was using MoCA when the problem began, how would a malfunctioning router be the problem? I mean, the MoCA would be getting its signal directly from the cable modem, not the router. Just trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Thanks!

6. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    The router is the one assigning IP addresses. For a local LAN connection, the modem isn't even involved.

7. Baundy

Baundy New Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Gotcha, thanks.

8. Baundy

Baundy New Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Thank you for the suggestions, but they did not work out. Called TiVo to discuss and ended up buying a new Bolt instead of screwing around with this any longer. Service plan with the Roamio is up next month, so they offered a great deal on a new Bolt (my Roamio Plus was a refurb) which I decided to take.

Thanks again for all of the help offered.

9. Baundy

Baundy New Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Final update: My new Bolt came in (which is amazing, btw) and the MoCA is working fine. Issue was ultimately with the Roamio (which might be why I'm now having trouble transferring shows from the Roamio to the Bolt).