Roamio plus having issues - v11 error also

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Ceciliachavez75, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Ceciliachavez75

Ceciliachavez75 Tivo kitten

Dec 23, 2008
    Sonoma, ca

Advertisements

I have noticed that in the last month or two, my. Tivo Roamio will do something frustrating. I will go to play a snow I have on it, it will either go to the annoying ad they have , then go dark , then go back to the my shows screen but it’s clear over where my show is being shown and then I’ll have to start it back from the menu . Or , even worse , I will press play, it then goes dark and gives a v11 message that says can’t play, then restart or go back to the myshows screen. This only started happening when the pre roll ads became a thing. I’m lucky, I’ve never had horrible issues with my tivo’s but this is must plain frustrating. I have it connected through an Ethernet cable because it kept disconnecting from my WiFi from some reason. Anyone having this issue? Thanks in advance .

UPDATE: Tivo took the annoying pre roll ads off my tivo and it’s running so much better!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    John Wood and HerronScott like this.
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, its v21 (TE4, Hydra) software version. V20 does not have any pre-roll ads, but you will lose everything if you revert.

3. Ceciliachavez75

Ceciliachavez75 Tivo kitten

Dec 23, 2008
    Sonoma, ca
    Ugh, thanks . I was hoping I could fix it . I made a complaint to them , let see what happens .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    You can rollback the software version? This is not TE4 to TE3 , right? We are talking about going to a previous software within TE4. Is that possible?

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Yes, it is (v21 to v20)
    You cannot roll back to the previous version of the same software.

6. John Wood

John Wood New Member

Aug 11, 2020
    I'm having the same issue, did you get it fix?

7. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Just call/chat with TiVo support, tell them the issues the prerolls are causing and they will disable them.

No need to reset your entire unit, lose all shows and settings, to rollback to 3 year old software.