1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio Plus dead - power supply?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by morristabush, Jun 10, 2018.

1. morristabush

morristabush New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Roamio Plus haven't used in a while - just powered it back on and seems dead. I hear fan spinning, see amber and green lights on, and the HDD seems to be spinning, but otherwise nothing else. No output on the HDMI, remote blinks red, no lights by the ethernet port, no power lights on front. Other posts seem to suggest this may be a bad power supply board, any feedback before i drop $80 for a replacement on Weaknees? I'd like to avoid replacing the entire unit and reconfiguring everything.

Replacing the power supply board seems pretty straightforward but i'm open to any comments or suggestions.

2. tommage1

tommage1 Active Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Well first of all have you tried the other outputs (HDMI output can burn out)? Could of course be power supply. Next question is do you have lifetime service or month to month? If month to month (or yearly, basically NOT "all in") they will replace the box for $49. If it is lifetime/all in there is still a chance they might replace it, depends if you get lucky, who you talk to. Might be interesting to install pyTivo on your computer, check if it can access your box (are you using ethernet connection or wireless?). If pyTivo sees your box you could perhaps download your recordings at least. Yeah, if it's not the power supply would be money for nothing, try everything before buying a power supply (or getting replacement box from Tivo), including those other outputs.

3. tommage1

tommage1 Active Member

Nov 5, 2008
    A couple other things, the ethernet light would probably not be on if you don't have ethernet hooked up to it (ie you were using wireless). There could be no lights on the front if it was in standby mode last time it was shut down. So if your remote is not paired correctly you would not be bringing it out of sleep mode. Also, the Roamio will format a new drive for you so you could put in a blank drive and see what happens. Set your original aside of course. Could even run a smart test on it, could be the hard drive is bad. I'd try the other outputs first (or maybe something with the remote, maybe reset the remote), then try the other hard drive if not figured out at that point.