Roamio Plus and N11 - tried everything

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by acweber, Oct 20, 2017.

1. acweber

acweber New Member

Oct 20, 2017

Advertisements

I have a Roamio Plus that has been sitting on a desk, plugged in to the wall and my router while I finished watching my recordings on it via my new Roamio OTA. My plan was to sell the Plus (it has lifetime on it) once I had gotten everything off of it.

I finally watched everything on it, and in preparing to sell it, I went through the factory reset process (Clear & Delete Everything). After that completed, I wanted to start the Guided Setup again to take some pictures of the status for the listing to prove the box worked still. My problem is that when it's connecting to Get Setup Info, I always get a Connection Interrupted error when it's on the "Getting Info" step. All I get is the N11 message with a suggestion to check blocked ports.

I've tried this with multiple ethernet cables, plugged into my router and directly into my modem, I've tried wifi, I've even tried turning my phone into a hotspot and connecting over wifi through that to rule out my ISP. I've called the ISP and confirmed there are no outages in my area, and they also confirmed that they do not block any ports.

I called Tivo, and they swore it must be a port issue (not that I'm super confident in the abilities of the guy I was talking to). He saw my box online from his end, and in the "Connecting" step of the process, it has no problem setting the clock and validating my account status. In addition, my OTA and all of my minis have no problem at all connecting to the service. I really don't know what I'm missing here as the network jack seems fine since it's doing a few things online.

Has anyone run into this before? I'm really afraid I have a $500 brick sitting on my desk right now.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you look up top there is a search box. Go to Main TiVo forums, then put N11 into that box and hit enter. You should get over 200 posts. Good luck.

3. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Try zip code 00000 then choose antenna instead of cable.

4. MASONCOOL

MASONCOOL New Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I'm having the same issue today with a Roamio Pro. I reconnected it to the router after a long, long time of it not being connected. It downloaded the new updates, I'm guessing the new color pallet for the menus, it started a reboot then asked for guided setup again. now after it connects, checks my account info, and goes to the Downloading info, I get "Connection Interrupted" after about a minute of trying to download. I've unplugged the power to Tivo and modem/router. it won't go any further past "Getting Info" and "Connection Interrupted"

5. syllogistic

syllogistic Member

Aug 25, 2017

Advertisements

I had this same exact issue with my Roamio Plus about a month ago. I did the same things you tried with no success and what finally ended up working for me was resetting my ASUS router back to factory defaults. The Roamio Plus finally connected afterwards. I then re-configured my router back to how I had it before the reset and all is well.

krkaufman likes this.
  6. acweber

acweber New Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Sorry you're having problems, but glad I'm also not the only one. Makes me think there's something else going on...

7. acweber

acweber New Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Not to be snarky, but when I said I had tried everything, I meant it. It's why I mentioned the fact that I've called my ISP (blocked ports), removed the router from the equation (firewall issues), and that my other units connect just fine (outage on the Tivo side). All of those N11 threads seem to point to those issues only.

8. acweber

acweber New Member

Oct 20, 2017
    FYI, I got this reply from Tivo Support. Hope they can figure it out soon.

Hi acweber1.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. This has been reported recently as a known issue. However, we are currently working on it to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience.​

9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I feel for you. I've been having a problem also -> No Search, No VCM Connections and I have done everything including a C&DE. That got me the VCM Connections back, but still no search. Tuesday I will change the hard drive.