Roamio Plus and mini to replace comcast boxes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by elliemaej, May 30, 2014.

1. elliemaej

elliemaej New Member

Apr 4, 2011

Advertisements

I currently have Comcast dvr service and a digital box in our family and living rooms. I have 2 Premiere boxes on lifetime in our bedrooms.
    I am considering dropping the comcast equipment for a Roamio Plus or Pro and a Mini in the room that we rarely watch TV in.

Any pros or cons to doing this? I will drop the cost of the digital box and I think we would get some sort of credit for the DVR since its already included in the package we have. I am also looking to renegotiate our service with Comcast in the near future.

2. johnh123

johnh123 Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Over there
    We just went all in with comcast. Added a roamio to go along with a series 3 and a premiere. Couldn't be happier with the setup.

3. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    Last fall we returned our Comcast set top boxes and bought one Roamio Plus and two Minis. The TiVo experience is wonderful -- my only regret is I didn't do this sooner. Our timing was good though -- the Roamio was a new product last fall and from what I've read here it is much better than the older TiVo equipment.

Comcast pricing varies by region. Here in Maryland there's no charge for cable cards and I get a $5/month credit for using my own equipment. But I do pay $9.95 a month for HD and $9.95 for a second outlet.

So...your pricing is likely to be different than folks in other areas.

4. Bigg

Bigg Cord Cutter

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    The pricing is screwy, as some areas have an HD equipment fee (not charged to TiVo users), and some have an HD programming fee (charged to TiVo users). Other than Comcast's screwiness, TiVo is far better than the Comcast DVRs. More tuners, more storage, better software and interface, and features like Suggestions and Wishlists.