Roamio OTA

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rmunskins, Aug 30, 2015.

1. rmunskins

rmunskins New Member

Aug 30, 2015

Advertisements

Have had the roamio ota for 10 months and would connect it to my phone hotspot and a mobile hotspot. Worked great till a couple of weeks ago when a update on the tivo happen now I can't connect to tivo service. Thanks

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Does it connect to the phone at all? The update might have screwed up the wifi settings. Try starting over.

3. rmunskins

rmunskins New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Thanks Dan yes it connects to the phone hotspot it is listed on the screen as connected. I took the box over to my cousin which has cable for Internet and it connected and update the guide. Got it home connected to the phone but won't connect to tivo service. When I called support they tell me cellular hotspot and hotspots on phone are not a supported device. I live in a rural area and hotspot is the only way to connect to the Internet.

4. JerryAC

JerryAC Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Harrison, AR
    I used to have an unlimited data plan with Verizon. I used a wifi bridge to back feed the verizon data into my home wireless router. You need a NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter. The refurbished units are just as good as the ones costing $49-$69. I think Wal-Mart sells the new ones for around $50.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WNCE2...-4g-Hotspot-for-Internet-in-Your-Home-Network

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015