Roamio OTA won't record KABC7

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by imagexpo, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. imagexpo

imagexpo Member

Apr 16, 2015
    My Roamio has been in service for two years without any issues. All of the sudden it refuses to record anything on KABC7 in LA.

The recording activity log shows the episodes NOT RECORDED No Signal.

When I watch channel 7 live it is absolutely fine and has a signal level of 85. KABC 7 is in the channel list and has a check mark next to it (selected).

I have rescanned the antenna twice and reset the Roamio. Nothing works it just seems to think there is no signal on channel 7 but there is. Is it possible there is some confusion about the 'virtual' channel versus the actual frequency?

Any suggestions?

2. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    My double window fan causes interference that makes KABC7 VHF7 unwatchable. I make sure it is turned off if there is anything to be recorded.

I also have problems with truck traffic, fortunately there is almost none during prime time so usually shows record fine. But it took me quite a while to realize that interference on some channels was related to the Time of the day.

The FCC repack has just added VHF12. In theory it should not affect the reception for other channels but here there are problems with FOX11 VHF11 early in the morning. FOX11 is pretty much unwatchable early am, maybe its some truck parked nearby or I even had this crazy idea that maybe FOX11 is lowering their power at night. I don't record much FOX11 but got a unwatchable last 2 minutes of a season finale and that was really really annoying. But that show was on the Fox website so I was able to watch it. KCAL9 VHF9 has pretty much never worked here, only 10 miles from all the towers. I use an large outdoor antenna indoors.

I pretty much Never have problems with the UHF channels. But VHF can be trouble.

3. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    What antenna is used?
    Where is your TiVo located (city)?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I also get interference if the nearby, modern-age window is open or closed (the window screen?) as well as from a nearby DVD player (which I understand better).