TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Roamio OTA .. want to add ESPN & Pac-12 for football season

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ljiminez 
#1 ·
Greetings. I cut the cord years ago, but do have Netflix and Amazon Prime. For the past few years we've been able to get ESPN and Pac-12 for college football season from Xfinity on a month to month basis using a M-Card/CableCard. The cost was $65/mon with taxes on month to month for 4 months. Change a few settings and reboot and Xfinity was live with all past recordings intact and the ability to DVR on my Roamio.

$65/mo is not the end of the world for a few months of service (cheaper than a visit to a sports bar!) but I am wondering if I can save a few $$ with someone else.

I've rechecked DirecTvNow and Sling, and while I can get ESPN streaming, neither offers DVR. I am a former DirecTV user with their Tivo powered box but when they failed to get Pac12 I bailed and seldom look back.

Has the state of affairs not changed? Is there nowhere else (yet?) to get ESPN with DVR capability, preferably fully integrated into my Tivo?

TIA

#4 ·
Has the state of affairs not changed? Is there nowhere else (yet?) to get ESPN with DVR capability, preferably fully integrated into my Tivo?
Previously PlayOn said that their software would not work with Sling TV because the Sling TV service would not stream to a web browser. Now that Sling TV has recently introduced 'in-browser viewing' for Google Chrome, perhaps the PlayOn Desktop DVR software will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.