Roamio OTA: Dreaded V53 & Mixed up sub-channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by trishymouse, Aug 14, 2016.

1. trishymouse

trishymouse New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    North...

Advertisements

I am not a technical person, so bear with me - I really need your help!!

I have a Roamio OTA. I ONLY get channels OTA via a roof long-range antenna.

For the last 10 days or so (estimate) I am getting the dreaded V53 error on many channels (all, really, at one time or another). I have had my Roamio for over a year and never had this problem before, so I ask, why now?

Was there a software update to my Roamio recently that might be causing this problem?

Signal strength on majority of channels is 72 tonight (those are working, for now)

Signal strength on two channels that normally work but are showing V53 tonight, is 31.

ALSO: 4.1 to 4.10 sub-channels are mixed up now for approximately the same time period as referenced above for the V53 problem. The TiVO guide remains the same as always, the way the channels are supposed to be, but the channels are not where they are supposed to be. For example, 4.8 (Laff) is now showing up on 4.6 (Grit). 4.7 (Escape) is broadcasting on 4.4 (normally Decades. 4.3 (Comet) is broadcasting on 4.7 (Escape).

Can anyone help me figure this out? Point me in the right direction? HELP!

2. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Rerun Channel Scan, in Settings->Channels if that doesn't work try Repeat Guided Setup in Help-> Restart or Reset

3. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003
    20.6.1RC14 came out in June. is that your software version?

might have been a change at the transmitter tower sending the ota signal, in which case rerun channel scan as suggested

and btw, this is the premiere forum, not roamio. roamio was successor model to premiere. if channel scan doesn't fix, might get some better help from roamio users in that forum. or at least more roamio ota users looking at the thread.

4. trishymouse

trishymouse New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    North...
    I have tried those things but sadly it doesn't help.

Ironically, I first posted in Roamio forum and they directed me to Premier. I am very confused why. I agree with you! It's like they won't help me there because they feel I'm in the wrong forum. I hope someone in one of these two forums can help me or my Roamio has become a paperweight :eek:

5. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003

Advertisements

Looks like you've got posts in help, premiere (this one) and in roamio on an existing v53 thread. so you tried channel scan and rerunning guided setup and same result, right?

20.6.1RC14 came out in June. is that your software version?
    or do you perhaps have 20.6.1aRC7 which is very new?

check system info.

and did you get a message as to lineup change notification? sounds like channel 4 is changed around.

6. tivoyahoo

tivoyahoo New Member

Sep 4, 2003