1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio OTA APPS don't show unless I restart the box

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Scott Wright, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Scott Wright

Scott Wright New Member

Feb 3, 2018
    I leave my Roamio OTA ON all the time in order to prevent audio issues. After the unit has been on for some time I'll try and access APPS (like Netflix, etc) but the APPS menu remains blank even after waiting for several minutes. I end up restarting the unit and then voila, the APPS appear. This only started happening maybe a month ago so it is a new problem. Any clue for a long term solution?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo is always on, there is no power off (unless its unplugged) and all apps are there (on mine) 24/7 and what you experiencing is not normal.

3. Barnstormer

Barnstormer Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I have had that happen from time to time - no apps appear. I clickt the Tivo button to see my recorded shows, click it again to return to the main menu, click on the apps and there they are. Obviously it is some bug, but certainly not a serious one.

4. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I've stopped using the Apps menu on a Not Hydra Roamio for a different reason. Seeing "Amazon Alexa" and "Get New Experience" and Not being able to hide them annoys the heck out of me. So I use My Shows then "-" instead.