Roamio OTA app question.

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by B Mann, Mar 7, 2021.

1. B Mann

B Mann New Member

Mar 7, 2021

Advertisements

I am not a pro with the Roamio or with apps. So type slow... I picked up the Tivo Roamio with a Mini a while back and it works great.

Now Discovery+ came out and we want to set the Tivo up for it. The wife has Discovery+ setup on the Tivo Mini. But we do not see an app to set it up on the main Tivo Roamio OTA. I have no idea how she set it up on the Mini. How do you install it on the Roamio?? Guessing this is the right forum to ask...

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    My guess would be that she didn't set the Discovery+ app up on the Mini. A Mini only has access to the apps hosted by its host DVR, I believe, and Discovery+ isn't an app supported on the TiVo DVR platform. (It may be available for the TiVo Stream 4K, but that's a whole diff'rent animal.)

3. B Mann

B Mann New Member

Mar 7, 2021
    I just asked her about it and she said yes on the Tivo.... Then a oh wait on the Roku.... Never mind...

BTW what is the reason it is not supported on the regular Tivos?? Any chance it would be??

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    TiVo's platform is more of a hassle for developers, combined w/ TiVo's market share being small enough to make the extra hassle even less worth it.

5. B Mann

B Mann New Member

Mar 7, 2021

Advertisements

OK, I thought it was more like a Android vs IOS. Sounds like they have their own software.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yep. I believe that TiVo actually has their software running on Android for some providers; they just didn’t do so for retail boxes.