Roamio OTA and Hydra problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Adam C., Apr 23, 2019.

1. Adam C.

Adam C. Active Member

Jul 24, 2017
    I upgraded my OTA to Hydra about 3 weeks ago. Up until today everything was working fine. This evening the unit has become very sluggish. When I click on My Shows it takes almost a full minute to navigate through the folders and play a recorded show. There is a big blue circle that spins around in the middle of the screen while this is happening. Deleting a show also takes very long. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior? I'm still on the RC4 release so I know it's not an issue with the new Hydra software that is currently rolling out. Rebooting the device did not resolve the problem.

2. Scooter Scott

Scooter Scott Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Following...I haven't touched the upgrade yet because all I hear about are issues.

3. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Active Member

Feb 18, 2016
    I just took the plunge myself last night and migrated my Roamio OTA & Minis (93s) to TE4/"Hydra". It gave me version 21.8.3.RC4 (The Fall 2018 update). I was surprised to see it was more responsive than TE3 was, noticeably so. Even the streaming apps seemed more responsive. It also only took about 30 minutes from start to finish.

A couple hours after the update one of my Mini's started throwing a fit about the network, but I think that was a combination of a Spectrum outage and me doing foolish things under the assumption it was a problem with my network configuration. Smooth sailing otherwise, but it hasn't even been 24 hours yet. I'll report back if I have any issues, hopefully the slowdowns you're experiencing are just something transient with your Internet connection. You don't have Spectrum, by chance? There was a severe outage last night affecting multiple regions.

4. Adam C.

Adam C. Active Member

Jul 24, 2017
    My Roamio is back to normal this morning. From what I read in another thread there was apparently some sort of widespread TiVo server issue last night that impacted many users. So I was wrong, this was not a software issue .

OrangeCrush likes this.
  5. OrangeCrush

OrangeCrush Active Member

Feb 18, 2016
    That makes some sense, and probably the real culprit behind the issues I was having w/ my Mini last night. I still choose to blame Spectrum since everything bad in the world is somehow their fault.