Roamio networking question...

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tbonecopper, Nov 10, 2015.

1. tbonecopper

tbonecopper Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Jacksonville...
    I just got my Roamio and have noticed online.tivo.com's Watch Now feature cuts in and out.. sometimes the site will tell me my dvr isn't avaiable.

I've spoken with tivo support about it, and they aren't keen on assisting me because my tivo is behind a network switch. It really shouldn't matter, an unmanaged switch just acts like a dummy and carries packets as necessary around the network.

Does anyone have any tips on keeping their tivo connected to tivo's network?

My network setup prevents me from connecting it directly to the router, because we don't really have normal router. I've attached a diagram.. where you see mid page to the right, the Roku TV and Playstation 4 connected to a switch.. that is the switch the Tivo is connected to.

Attached Files:

2. samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    Well I do not know much about Tivo online, who would want to? Do not even tell the idiots too much about your network. They always blame the users local network. They really don't know crap about such things, even though they think they do. They dont like switches, they dont like electrical network adapters, blah, blah, blah. Just tell them you are on ethernet or moca. They do not know what you are on. Call them back again. If the L1 does not know, ask for a supervisor. IT WORKS. DONT LET THEM PUSH YOU AROUND, YOU ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMER!!! Moca really is the best way to go though. OMG, what a diagram. I can't even look at it...LOL. DO NOT EVEN DARE TELL THEM ABOUT IT!!! :eek::D:rolleyes: