Roamio Netflix app and 5.1 sound

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AluminumRobot, Jan 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. AluminumRobot

AluminumRobot New Member

Mar 8, 2018
    I have the Roamio base model connected with HDMI to my Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver. It doesn't seem like the rear sound channels are working correctly. I used the Tivo Netflix app and watched the Netflix test patterns. I see the red DD light appear which I assume should mean 5.1 sound. In the test pattern I can hear the left, right, and center channels working correctly. But the left and right surround speakers do not work. When the test pattern plays the rear surround channels the sound comes through the front channels instead.

I also have a Roku Ultra connected to the same receiver. If I play the Netflix test pattern I can clearly hear the surround speakers working as expected.

It is like the Roamio thinks that I have a 3.1 system. But I don't see any way to configure the number of speakers on either the Roamio or in the Netflix app. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I use Prime. No login needed to test the audio or video. My test program is Fury. I watch the trailer. This is all free. Netflix has no "visitor" ability.