"Roamio" keeps reverting to "New HD DVR Tivo box"??

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pgoelz, Mar 27, 2020 at 6:04 AM.

1. pgoelz

pgoelz Active Member

May 1, 2005
    Our Roamio has been named "Roamio" for years. But in the past year or so, it randomly reverts to "New HD DVR Tivo box". Each time this happens, I have to go into my account and rename it.

This last time it happened, I had replaced the hard drive several days ago and re-run guided setup. When I came to the part where you name the box, it was already set to "Roamio" and I left it that way. It stayed as "Roamio" for 3-4 days and then just yesterday it reverted again to "New HD DVR Tivo box".

I think years ago, our TivoHD was named "New HD DVR Tivo box". But the Roamio has always been named something else. Not sure how "New HD DVR Tivo box" keeps popping up.... is it maybe a default name?

Oddly, our Bolt has never changed its name. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

To make matters worse, I can't even get to my account this morning (Friday March 27 5:30AM EDT) to change it. When I click the sign in link, my name pops up as if I am already signed in but I get:
    We'll be right back.
    We’re busy improving our site to supercharge your shopping experience; unfortunately credit card transactions will not be completed during this time. We will be back as quick as SkipMode ® zips through a commercial break. Please reach out to Customer Support team Contact us at TiVo | Customer Support for any transactions in the meanwhile.
    I assume that means the site is down, but that isn't really what it says.

Paul

2. HoTatII

HoTatII Member

Sep 21, 2016
    It's a long time bug on TiVo's end many have complained about (including me) over the years.

Discussed in the Coffeehouse forum here on a recent thread for instance ....

Device Names got changed on thier own???

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

3. pgoelz

pgoelz Active Member

May 1, 2005
    Thanks, I would not have thought to look there. Such a simple problem, you would think there would be a simple fix. Its a good thing I don't have two Roamios, with them BOTH changing to the same name. Now that would be confusing!

Tivo is a far cry from the operation they used to be. I wish Silicon Dust would go forward with the HDHomerun Prime 6 and shake Tivo's tree but I assume we are witnessing first hand the collapse of the 3rd party cable card set top box market?

Paul