1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roamio/Hulu. How do I set aspect/letterboxing option?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by CrashHD, Jul 25, 2018.

1. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    I've recently noticed Tivo zooming a lot of hulu content. Generally older shows that I suppose may only be SD on hulu anyway.

Monkeying around with this a bit, I found, on my mini, that the Hulu app did respond to the Tivo's setting (Full/Panel/Zoom). Although it can't be changed while in the hulu app (kicks you out of the app if you hit the "zoom" button on the remote), it at least respects the current setting.

Later I noticed on my Roamio, the Hulu app is in "Zoom" mode, regardless of the current display setting. Is there any way to change this?

I also have a bolt, but that unit is on a Roku TV, and I like the Roku Hulu app better anyway, so I haven't tried it (yet).

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    You should double-check that your TV itself is not 'zoomed'...

-KP

3. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    That was the first thing I checked. It is not.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Apps hold the formatting from the box when it launches. Make sure to set the tivo to Panel before launch.

5. CrashHD

CrashHD I am the me.

Nov 10, 2006
    MO, USA
    That's what I observed with my Mini, but the Roamio seemed to go to "zoom" when the hulu app loaded, regardless of the original setting. I will try this again and see what happens.

6. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    This is a known bug with old SD shows on Hulu apps with the Roamio. It will always zoom or at least it used too.

7. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm re-watching Murder One on Hulu. It's unwatchable (and un-fixable) on the Roamio. I end up watching on another device.