Roamio HDMI Connection Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by RobDMB, Nov 26, 2014.

1. RobDMB

RobDMB New Member

Sep 19, 2004

Advertisements

I have a Tivo Roamio through my local cable company (RCN). My setup is that I connect the Tivo Roamio to my receiver (Pioneer VSX 1018) and then run one cable from the receiver to the tv. I have set it up this way for years. Recently, I purchased a new TV and the Tivo Roamio will not longer work through my receiver (this happened with two new tivos so its not specific to the model i kept). Specifically, the picture will initially appear distorted, then the tivo reboots and never boots up. I get the welcome screen and it goes black. If I connect the Tivo directly to the tv it works. I've tried different ports on the receiver, different cables, etc. Again, it works fine in this configuration with my old tv, but refuses to work with two newer tvs i tried. I also tried turning off HDMI CEC.

Any suggestions short of buying a new receiver? Thanks.

2. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I am new at this and still experimenting. I have my Tivo set to allow different picture resolutions and while switching menus and channels at times it can go black for a while before everything readjusts. Try experimenting with resolutions. Settings, Settings, Video, Video Output.

For some reason, my tv seems to look better with a native 720p signal than forcing it to 1080p. But that could be my imagination.

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Hard reboot everything (pull the plug). Sometimes that seems to get everything back in sync.

4. RobDMB

RobDMB New Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Thanks. I will try that. Also, what is the general consensus of the output of the Roamio - do people check all the resolutions (thereby causing a delay when the channel changes) or select one? I have it on 1080p/60 currently but am unsure if that is preferred.