Roamio Has No Audio/Video but Mini's Working Fine

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by seslivka, Sep 10, 2017.

1. seslivka

seslivka New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Roamio runs through a Pioneer VSX1123 A/V receiver to a Visio VM60P TV. Use Roamio for OTA and streaming only. All connections are with premium HDMI cables. Until now, this setup has performed flawlessly for years. Status messages from the Roamio can be seen while resetting, but no audio or video is available when complete. The Visio TV then shows "No Signal" or sometimes "Invalid Input". A video signal indicator light on the receiver turns on and off intermittently. Meanwhile the three Mini's paired with the Roamio function normally. Two separate streaming boxes and a DVD player all operate normally through the receiver to the TV. The Pioneer's software shows up-to-date.

Troubleshooting steps performed include:

Resetting the Roamio
    Connecting the Roamio to the Pioneer through alternative HDMI cables and ports
    Connecting the Roamio directly to the Visio TV.

What do I try next?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try connecting directly to the TV not through the receiver. If that fixes it, receiver may not be passing HDCP through to the TV. You should be able to output from the TV to receiver.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    He said he did that.

I would suggest trying some component cables as there may be a bum hdmi port.

4. seslivka

seslivka New Member

Dec 21, 2013

Unfortunately Roamio doesn't support component cables. A bad HDMI port on the unit is definitely a possibility

5. seslivka

seslivka New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Update: After resetting the Roamio and having a blank screen instead of the main menu, I pressed Live TV on the remote and got an OTA channel. Using the channel up/down button brought back the blank screen. Pressing Live TV again returned to an OTA channel.

Update 2: Unfortunately after finishing writing the paragraph above, pressing Live TV does not bring up a picture anymore.

Could this be a software issue with the Roamio?

6. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

What are your video and audio selections on the Roamio?

7. seslivka

seslivka New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I can't tell since I can't see the Main Munu. However I haven't done anything with Audio/Video settings since I bought the unit.

8. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    If you had that a/v breakout cable you could see if the problem was hdmi port. Also, if you had an optical audio cable you could check to see if audio was working further pointing to the hdmi port.

9. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Can you see the video and audio setting of your AVR?