Roamio dead? Green, Red, Blue Lights, Reboot loop

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by georgemoe, Jul 21, 2021.

1. georgemoe

georgemoe TiVo Army Grunt

Nov 7, 2001
    Central...

Advertisements

I just noticed my Roamio (Fios cable card) started flashing the colored lights on the front panel. When I turned on the monitor it appeared to have rebooted. Tivo is Starting Up. Then the monitor blanks and flashes no input detected. Changed the HDMI cord and inputs and still does the same thing. Constantly trying to reboot. Unplugged the power for a bit and noticed the power supply felt warm. I'm wondering if this is a similar 2amp power supply issue that was posted in another thread. Is it worth ordering the 3amp suggested?

Should I need to replace it is the Edge my only option? No Tivo at all is not a long term option. It's my wife's hobby so hopefully I can resolve this quickly with your help. Thank you!

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes. definitely. After that, if any issues, change the hard drive. WD Red Plus recommended, not WD plain Red or Red Pro.

georgemoe likes this.
  3. georgemoe

georgemoe TiVo Army Grunt

Nov 7, 2001
    Central...
    3amp power supply did the trick. Like new again! Thank you!

4. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Can you please share the make and model of the 3 amp power supply that worked for you?

georgemoe likes this.
  5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  6. real_goose

real_goose Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Tampa FL
    I discovered the same failure today on my Roamio OTA. All lights flashing and would not start.

12V 5A Power Supplies for LED Strip Lights seem to be a good option for replacement. The have the correct plug and can handle the load of a replacement disk. I prefer to use a power supply with a separate power cord and I only buy units that show FCC certification against RF interference. I've purchased several for different uses and once had a DOA unit, but the Amazon seller sent me a replacement which was fine.

It forced me to re-run setup, so I selected express. I had to scan for OTA channels. My recorded shows are still available and my to-do list survived, so it wasn't terrible.