Roamio acting up

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jfriedlund, Jun 12, 2020.

1. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    My Tivo Roamio OTA is acting strange! When I click on a show to play I hear the "beep" but it often takes about 10 seconds before a blue circle starts to spin and after another 10 seconds it will transfer to the show selected. Many times after that though instead of defaulting to "recordings" it will default to "watchlist" which sometimes has nothing or many other things I don't want. I then have to scroll up to recordings to find the show I'm trying to watch.

Also, when I'm finished with the show and hit delete it "hesitates" about 10 seconds to the point where the live tv show is displayed in the background and then finally will delete the program.

Also, on some shows when finished it will offer the delete option right away and other times you have to click right to "hide", then downclick and then delete.

I've tried rebooting several times but it didn't help. I've thought about rolling back to the old UI but since it wipes everything my wife doesn't want to lose some recordings she has. Any suggestions?

2. just4tivo

just4tivo Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    By rebooting do you mean restarting teh box through teh menu ot going into standby then pulling the A Cplug for 5 minutes then plugging the AC back in?

3. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I mean restarting the box, takes about 2-3 min. through the menu

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its from the ads in v21 (TE4). You can save all of your shows, passes using KMTTG and revert. OTA is not copy-protected.

5. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by using KMTTG? I'd love to be able to fix this and not lose my settings and shows.

6. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
  7. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    mattyro7878 likes this.
  8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Live and learn.

9. just4tivo

just4tivo Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    You might want to try putting it in standby and pulling the AC plug.

Let it sit for a few minutes then plug it in again.

10. jfriedlund

jfriedlund New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Nope, that didn't help but thanks.