Rizzoli & Isles enough with the baby theme.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MPSAN, Jun 24, 2014.

1. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...

Advertisements

We used to like this show, and it is still good. However I hate it when a show turns into a single theme. Think Red John! Anyway, am I the only one who hopes that they stop with all the "sick because she is pregnant" cliches and comments?

2. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I couldn't disagree more with you about the first two episodes of the season. I thought they were beautifully written to address the death of the actor who played Frost. Tonight's episode dealing with the funeral was especially moving to me. I find the baby side plot to be fun and keep the lightness that this show has always had.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Man, that one time she had the morning sickness sure was repetitive! :D

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    I do not disagree with the funeral, etc. But they seemed to overdo the morning sickness/sensitive to odor stuff.

5. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio

Advertisements

They're doing the same thing on Royal Pains. Lose the baby. And the brother.

6. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    Too many shows lose their original appeal by trying to build a backstory of 'relationships' involving the characters. But then maybe advertiser are more interested in appealing to the idiots that "believe" that sort of nonsense.

7. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    :D:D

8. Dawghows

Dawghows Liberal Elitist

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Unless a show had a baby or babies as part of its initial premise, the introduction of a new baby virtually always a bad idea.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Usually out-of-the-blue pregnancies on TV shows are the result of the actor's pregnancy. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, which makes the decision to drop in an out-of-the-blue pregnancy seem a little odd.

10. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    TNT has the same problem with Major Crimes. I hate child/teen characters in most dramas, especially cop shows.

11. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    In case anyone hasn't seen the last episode.
    Jane is now sick because she lost the baby!

12. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I dropped Major Crimes a while ago and more recently Rizzoli & Isles and I find I don't miss either one of them. If it gets to a point where I just watch a show out of habit and not because I look forward to seeing it, it's time for it to land on the chopping block.

I recently purged several other season passes for shows I'd been watching for at least a few seasons and now I'm enjoying a lot more free time than ever before. I suspect I'll be trimming the tree even more come the fall. I'm actually starting to get bored with a lot more shows these days.

13. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I look forward to both Major Crimes and this each week. Not mind-blowing television, but I like the characters and the actors.

14. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    +1

15. mr.unnatural

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I do too. It's just that beyond the likeable characters the story lines weren't enough to keep me interested. I already watch way too much TV so I needed to reduce my viewing hours to have time for more important things. I liked the shows but I didn't love them.

I lost all of my season passes a while back trying to fix a problem on my HTPC so I've been gradually rebuilding them when shows begin to air in their new seasons. I totally forgot about Major Crimes when it started back up and I discovered that I didn't really miss it. There are a few shows that I record mostly for the wife so we can watch them together. Once she decides she's no longer interested in a show it tends to get dropped from my lineup.

16. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    looks like not enough interest to start a new thread, but it's been cancelled.
    Or not renewed, if you want to look at it that way, season 7 will be it's last.

17. mr.unnatural

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I didn't even know that it was still on. :rolleyes:

18. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I've been watching the older repeats shown locally, I like it but I do fastfoward through the non-crime fighting parts. I am doing that to a lot of shows these days.

19. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    We can still see Sasha on Shameless, so I'm happy.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And in fact, we see so much more of here there!