RIP Series 2?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by agh19, Jul 16, 2007.

1. agh19

agh19 New Member

Aug 2, 2004

Advertisements

Yesterday I turned on the tv and there was a frozen image on the screen. I tried to change channels using the Tivo controller but no dice. Couldn't get any response from the Tivo box. I unplugged, waited the requisite 30 seconds, and replugged. Never got the "Powering Up..." screen. Instead, I got a black screen with a scrambled gray/white video artifact rolling bottom-to-top. Tried power off, several times, with waits of up to 30 minutes but always got the same result. Tv is good, all connections correct, but the Tivo remains unresponsive. Reading the forums, sounds like my hd is probably dead but I'm looking for confirmation before I make the decision to repair/replace.

Does it sound like I've homed in on the correct problem?

Thanks in advance

Alan
    2 series 2 (may be down to one shortly)
    1 series 3 with transferred lifetime service (yay!)

2. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Very well could be dead. If you are handy computer-wise, head over to the "underground" forum for help on doing your own upgrade, though you will need an image.

Alternatively, you can go to the TiVo Community Store, or Weaknees and buy a preformatted HD for your type of TIVo that you can pop right in and go.