Ringer S01E05 - A Whole New Kind of *****

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Oct 12, 2011.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Well... I guess I was wrong about Gemma spilling the beans on Siobhan actually being Bridget... Based on the previews from last week, it certainly seemed imminent...

I was wondering if they would introduce some distinguishing way to tell the difference between the two of them, and now we know...

I thought Bridget was dead meat at the dinner table when the step-daughter called her out on the Narcotics Anonymous visit... I may be dense, but the twist that the daughter took didn't even occur to me...

Still enjoying the show... :)

2. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Finally! payoff for that god awful photo.

love Gemma's line about I don't have to do anything, that's exactly what I was thinking

Why didn't she let the affair come out rather than her identity?

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    At least they've got the daughter sorted out now and her annoying self can go away.

Bridget dodged about five bullets this episode.

The way this show works, Gemma's probably not dead. Her husband got drunk, broke stuff and spilled tomato juice everywhere.

Have we seen Gemma's and Whatshisname's kids?

4. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    We have not seen Gemma's kids...

Man...the guy I feel the most sorrow for is the Bridget's sponsor... I mentally gasp every time they shift to any scene involving him and the guys who are abusing the hell out of him... It's just hard to watch...

5. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
  6. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
  7. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I agree... I think I may get "bullet dodging" fatigue with this show...

Seems that the obvious is always going to be wrong...

That said, I agree with you... Gemma is likely not dead... Henry was probably eating a bowl of spaghetti when Gemma stormed in and thew the bowl across the room, splattering "red stuff" all over the place... :D

8. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    They just gave it a full season and they already have a finale spoiler? I don't want to read the article or the spoiler, it just seems weird. :confused:

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Don't worry...no actual spoiler is involved.

10. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Yeah, I almost added this to the "things that annoy you" thread, the faux spoilers.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The irony is, the fake spoiler in that article is on the border between absurdity and stupidity...and I can almost see this show trying it.

And yet I can't stop watching. :D

12. BetaMark

BetaMark New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Van Nuys, CA
    I don't know what anyone sees in this show. IMO With all the lies, deceit and debauchery, it's about as trashy as a daytime soap, with maybe better production values. If it were even believable, it would be one sad take on the human condition.
    :(

Also, the doppelgänger thing is getting old. Anyone notice this is also a central theme in The Vampire Diaries? Also reminds me of the Grant Putnam character in General Hospital back in the 80's.

The CW seems to have a predilection for this sort of pulp. Enough already!