Ringer 9/20 s01e02 She's Ruining Everything

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Robin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Anyone besides me who hasn't killed their SP yet?

I'm not getting the hate for this show. It certainly hasn't found its legs (and it remains to be seen whether it has any) but I like it just fine. It's not something I'd schedule a viewing night around and analyze to death, but for paying bills or folding laundry? :up:

So the trunk is empty...who knows about the body? Is the professor squeaky clean?

The pregnancy is actually a great excuse for her odd behavior. Of course the part where she's not pregnant is going to come up in a couple of months. Curious how they handle that. Miscarriage? ISTR last week they said she was 4 weeks so if she gets knocked up quick (and the way "her" husband is making googly eyes at her it could happen) the dates would be good enough for government work.

2. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I don't hate the show as you mentioned in the other thread. I just don't find it very compelling. The whole hiding the body thing was too much and lasted way to long. They do, at least through two episodes, manage to throw in nice twists at the end of the episodes so that is cool.

Really, I just had a problem that the "hide the body angle" seemed to be the entire plot of this episode.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    At least they didn't have her guess Siobhan's pin within three tries.

4. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I'll elaborate on why I found the body plot bad

1. Cop shows up and she has to shuffle him off

2. Architect show up and they briefly make you think she saw the body. Nope she saw the broken wall.

3. She is making her getaway and finds out a decorating crew is going to the building so she heads back. Apparently the rug was moved but nobody noticed the body or the blood.

4. She gives the crew a lunch. Stuffs the body in a truck. Once again no blood anywhere.

5. Guy tries to sit on trunk at Party. Oh no we musty warn him away.

6. Blood is now dripping out of the trunk. This is the same blood that did not leak through the rug nor apparently got on anyone when they moved the rug or when she stuffed him in the trunk to begin with. Plus shouldn't it be coagulating by now?

7. As she is wiping up the blood. Hello Mr. Cop. Welcome back.

8. Cell phone starts ringing in the dead mans pocket during a speech and she has to rush to get to it first.

9. End of episode the body disappears.

That's a whole lot to swallow.

5. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    You need to pay bills while you watch, this stuff won't bother you so much. ;)

6. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "It only sucks if you pay attention. Otherwise, it's GREAT!" :D

7. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    It looks like they're going with "Siobhan didn't expect her identity to be taken over". We still don't know what she did expect.

8. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    See, you're learning!

The key is to pay just the right amount of attention and not try to analyze it. Booze would probably help, too.

I disagree. I think the problem is that Bridget is smarter than Siobhan gave her credit for. (Ok, luckier, in that the banker mentioned the "emergency" fund.)

9. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I'll wait till episode 3 or 4 before making judgment.

I actually haven't even watched the pilot yet, getting a feel for the opinions of the masses from threads like this.

Hoping nothing gets spoilerized too much before I start watching.

phox

10. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    You're reading the threads and hoping nothing gets spoiled? Good luck with that.

11. ozzman73

ozzman73 Home Made

Nov 27, 2006
    I'm with Maui. I'm all for the suspension of disbelief but the whole blood part bothers me. They explicitly showed us a lot of blood on the floor while she dragged the body. This is why she brought bleach and didn't use it. Let's just say that people didn't see the body wrapped in the carpet or tarp or whatever that was. She then stuffs the guy in the trunk (I guess she still has her super strength from that other show)..the guy starts bleeding again...a little dab with a tissue and that's that. No more bleeding trunk. Finally empty trunk, no blood, no trace of any of it...clean

12. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    That's just for new shows such as this.

Shows that have been around a while, I'll wait to visit the thread till after I've watched it.
    Breaking Bad for instance, haven't watched the last one, so haven't visited the thread yet.

phox

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I'm still watching, but they really dragged out the whole body thing for way too long in this episode.

My money is on the skeevy guy who walked past her while she was retrieving the cell phone as being the one involved in its removal. Maybe. At least I thought that until I just typed it out, and now I'm not sure. :) He seemed like the type of shady guy who would be involved in what I assume was a hit put on Siobhan (by her husband?).

They really stretched my disbelief with the blood... between it being gone from the original pool and with it leaking out of the trunk, but now it's squeaky clean when it's empty? :)

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, the whole blood thing was really dumb.

Right now, this is treadiing water.

15. Robin

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I thought he was just some dude and the drama came from "oh crap, did he just see what was in the trunk?" We saw that he didn't, but for Bridget he just appeared from behind her.

I'm absolutely certain Sibohan put out the hit herself.

I will grant this one!

16. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I thought they were trying to make it obvious that Siobhan put the hit on herself. Then faked her death knowing her sister would take over her life. Then when sister is killed Siobhan is basically free, with everyone that knew her thinking she was dead. None of her friends/family knew she had a twin.

The show isnt the best, but my wife loves it. English is her 2nd language, so fast paced shows can be difficult unless we watch them together, and pause for explanation of scenes. This show basically beats you over the head with their "hints" at whats going on. Anything else is easily explained by "its a TV show".

17. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I guess I didn't see that at all. I thought that the husband put the hit on her and was trying to cancel it on the phone when he found out she was pregnant.

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Even though there are plot holes here you can fly a 747 though, I don't know why, but I kind of like it. It has held my interest despite this stuff. But I admit, I'm not one of those people who watch for EVERY detail and that EVERYTHING has to be even plausible (well I wasn't until I started coming here!). It's another escapist show with an interesting plot twist. As Robin said, it's not one of those shows that is a must watch, but to kill an hour (or really 40 minutes or so with a DVR), it's fun enough that I enjoy it. Plus SMG is cute.

19. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I finally watched this episode, and I am going to stay with the show.

Yes, it is predictable. It's a high budget soap opera. It's kinda fun and campy.

And I was able to surf on the computer while I watched - it didn't require a whole lot of concentration - just like any good soap!

20. Carlucci

Carlucci Hiding The Decline

Jan 10, 2001
    Houston, TX
    This show is following the Prison Break model--a situation is presented wherein the protagonist is hopelessly trapped, followed by a cleverly presented, artful escape, then an even more surprising twist. Prison break was a fun ride through the first 2 seasons.

My wife and I are staying with Ringer now that we've realized it's following in Prison Break's footsteps, and we can adjust our expectations/disbelief suspension accordingly.