RF Connect between DTV and TIVO

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by AlwaysNeedHelp, Aug 8, 2007.

1. AlwaysNeedHelp

AlwaysNeedHelp Alwaysneedhelp

Aug 8, 2007

Advertisements

I've looked through various threads but cannot find the answer to this question. I have a DirecTV Receiver and am looking to buy a TIVO Series 2. Tivo says you need and IR Blaster to integrate the two units. My DirecTV unit has a "RF" port on the back that documentation says if for connecting a radio frequency remote control. Can the two units work together by simply connecting the RF port on the DTV Receiver to the Tivo serial input?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
  3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    With the right parts, there is a chance you could link the TiVo IR out to the RF remote input port (if it is a minijack). There is also chance you could smoke things if you try.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The RF "port" is an F connector for an antenna, designed to receive the RF signal from a compatible RF remote control. It is not anything you can connect to a TiVo.

5. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...

Advertisements

No.

With the Directv units, either use the IR Blaster, or if its a older unit (D10) you can use the Low Speed Data Connector.