Revolution "S#!& Happens" 4/30 ** SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, May 1, 2014.

1. May 1, 2014 #1 of 32
    Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

Advertisements

Come on now, I know there are still plenty of you out there that are still watching - you just don't want to admit it!!!

DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN:

This happens on many shows but its especially prevalent in Revolution. So here we have Miles surrounded by about 7 or so Texas Rangers. He says he wants to talk but the lead Ranger doesn't seem to be too sincere about just talking. So Miles says that if he can't talk he'll have to kill everyone. Seemingly an empty boast. Then one of the Rangers take a shot at him through a car window and misses. Then Miles takes him out and while EVERY SINGLE Ranger is taking shots at Miles, THEY ALL MISS and Miles takes them out one by one. COME ON!!!!!! EDIT: And I just realized that the Rangers were shooting at Miles ONE AT A TIME as if only one of them can be shooting at a time. So while Miles is shooting Ranger A, all the other Rangers HAVE TO WAIT THEIR TURN to shoot at Miles so they can miss and then he can kill them. Also, COME ON!!!!! Now granted the current Rangers probably don't get as much training as they did before the power went off, but I would assume they DO get some training. But Miles, with his SUPER TRAINING, picks them off without blinking an eye AND NOT A SCRATCH ON HIM. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!! So much so it literally takes me out of the story, what little story there is!

Also, stupid Aaron. Why not embrace the Nano-things and be able to do all sorts of fantastic things. Instead he has to bake a pizza!!

And Poor Charlie - that's the most acting she has had to do in a long time and it wasn't very good!!!

Gerry

2. May 1, 2014 #2 of 32
    Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Nope. I gave up after 5-6 eps of season one.

3. May 1, 2014 #3 of 32
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    FINALLY canceled my SP on this two days ago....

4. May 1, 2014 #4 of 32
    trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    There were 2 things I liked in this episode: "We Built This City"[*] and the "hang in there, baby" kitten poster.

[*] I definitely wouldn't go as far as the nanos and say it's the best song ever written, but it's certainly not the worst.

5. May 1, 2014 #5 of 32
    Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL

Advertisements

I am 8 or 10 episodes behind.

6. May 2, 2014 #6 of 32
    markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Still watching.

The Rangers fight like in martial arts movies, where they surround the bad guy and fight him one at a time.

7. May 2, 2014 #7 of 32
    sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    I didn't even know a new episode recorded this week. Been catching up on Game of Thrones anyway, so it might be a while...

8. May 4, 2014 #8 of 32
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Not threadcrapping but I did cancel my season pass 5 minutes into this episode. The show just doesn't do it for me anymore. I'm in the camp that liked the original premise about getting the power back on. With that gone...I'm gone.

9. May 4, 2014 #9 of 32
    pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I am almost incapable of not recording a show once I start watching it. I am to a point though that if this gets canceled I won't shed even one tear. They seem to be backing themselves further and further into a corner where the two main enemies (the Patriots and the nanobots) are just too powerful to be reasonably stopped without a major Deus ex machina.

10. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    My 8-year old loves this show so I watch it with him. Even he rolls his eyes at Miles' heroics.

It's a fun show to watch. I have a great time telling my son what's going to happen before it happens. It keeps him thinking I'm a genius :D

11. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    Still watching. I think I watch just so I can make fun of it each week.

12. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Is this still on? I quit some time ago. Sounds like I made the right choice. :p

13. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Never fear, "Under the Dome" will be back on shortly so we won't run out of ridiculousness to criticize.
    Sorry, I just realized Tapatalk sig has turned itself back on.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

14. DaveMN

DaveMN Curmudgeon, Skeptic

Nov 14, 2001
    Minnesota
  15. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Believe if or not I'm kind-of disappointed!! I hope they have enough time (probably not) to come up with at least some kind of series finale.

Gerry

16. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Can't read it. Some stupid overlay pops up and obscures the article. I think I have the big picture, though.
    Maybe the nanites will issue the command : "Let there be light".
    Edit: I had browser set to" desktop ". Turning that off allowed me to read the full article.

17. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Next week's episode "Declaration Of Independence" is the last show of season 2, and I guess now the series finale. Maybe the nanites will turn the power back on to make everyone "happy"?

18. JohnS-MI

JohnS-MI Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    SE MI
    Episode title is a great summary of the course of this show and now its fate.

I do NOT plan to mail them a nanite in protest of its cancellation. After all, S#!& Happens.

19. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    For anyone still watching, has the second half of this season been worth it? I watched the first half but have fallen behind. I'm really low on recording space and am trying to determine if I should watch the last 12 episodes or just get rid of them.

20. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    My son and I enjoy it... Not sure it's worth putting time in to a story that may not have a graceful ending though... My son and I watched it because we thought the story would continue (obviously)...

I like the way the characters have been developed... The storyline has strayed quite a bit, and in some regards has "jumped the shark"...

All that said, it has been worthwhile entertainment for us, and we will definitely finish out whatever episodes are left...