Reverted to TE3. Hulu video now appears "zoomed in"?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by jmccorm, Jan 15, 2020.

1. jmccorm

jmccorm Special Forum Guest

Oct 8, 2000
    Tulsa, OK

Advertisements

After reverting my Bolt from TE4 to TE3, shows on Hulu now appear to be "zoomed in" and vertically cropped. I have set my aspect ratio to "Panel" in Settings & Messages > Audio & Video Settings > Aspect Correction Mode. I have verified it by pressing the Zoom buttom (is it now the Exit button?) during regular TV and cycling through all the options to where it says panel. I'm just not sure how to fix this while I'm watching Hulu on a TE3 Bolt.

Known issue? Nofix?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    In Live TV, verify that your your 'Zoom' setting is set to Panel. Then launch Hulu and see if that doesn't fix it.

-KP

3. ke3ju

ke3ju Ed Ludwig

Jan 4, 2004
    Seminole, FL
    Maybe 20 year old software can't handle Hulu...?

4. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Zoom is zoom in TE3

Zoom is exit in TE4

Could try uninstalling app by removing the checkmark then restart box and after reboot check hulu again to reinstall it.

5. jmccorm

jmccorm Special Forum Guest

Oct 8, 2000
    Tulsa, OK

Advertisements

It looks like it comes down to which remote I'm using? The original Bolt remote has a Zoom. The Bolt VOX remote relabeled the button to exit.

I've already verified that the Zoom on live television is set to panel, but Hulu is still zoomed in. Your readd/reboot instructions are intriguing. I'll give them a try as soon as I can peal the spouse away from the TV. :)

6. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Ya vox remote does not have zoom button.

Original Bolt remote the Zoom button is Zoom on TE3 but on TE4 it performs as exit.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020