Reunion season finale 2/2/2006

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ClutchBrake, Nov 30, 2005.

1. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Cominsoon.net article.

Announced today it appears the finale of Reunion will be aired. The article doesn't mention if the entire season will be aired or just the finale. Weird. I'm sure more info will follow soon.

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    If this is true, and we do get some sort of resolution for "Reunion," I'll ask Satan to turn the temperature down on Fox (now burning in Hell) to "simmer." :D

3. Tim C

Tim C New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    :p :p Thats the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for cracking me up!!

4. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Don't they mean series finale?

5. ArizonaAmy

ArizonaAmy Member

May 26, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    From TV Guide:

"As for exits, the Reunion will come to an end on Feb. 2, as producers work hard to tie up its sprawling murder mystery a few "years" ahead of schedule."

So it doesn't seem like we will see all the episodes, but that they will fool around with the existing remaining episodes/storyline to get some sort of resolution on Feb 2.

-Amy

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets TCF Bookie

Jul 12, 2005
    East Hell
    I just saw Reunion advertised for tomorrow night at 9...so it won't be just the finale...

7. Dec 1, 2005 #7 of 13
    KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    This is actually great news - Fox is finally catering to the fans a little bit.

It sounds like the rest of the episodes are already in the can. With any luck they will air them on FX or maybe even release a DVD.

8. Dec 1, 2005 #8 of 13
    mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Woo hoo! I knew that starting the rumour that Reunion wasn't really getting cancelled would lead to some closure! Thank you all for aiding me in spreading my rumour.

Next rumour to start....in a surprise move, Fox has picked Arrested Development back up from the cutting board. When asked why, Fox execs answered "The decision to cut Arrested Development occured when Russell Dalrimple, a huge supporter, left Fox to join Greenpeace in order to impress a girl. It was stupid (both the decision to cut AD and Dalrimple's leaving Fox). This week due to growing public sentiment and to stop us from burning in hell we have rescinded our decision. The campaign led by angered fans to "Punch a Fox Exec in the Face 4 or 5 times" was also a contributing factor. Please desist from this practice."

9. Dec 1, 2005 #9 of 13
    jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Based on what's in my To Do List, they have up through 1993 (episode 8) as single-year episodes. So that leaves 12 years to air in 5 episodes, since the order was cut to 13. That's assuming there aren't more single-year episodes already set to air.

10. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Sounds like after 1993 has aired, the finale will be cobbled together from the remaining episodes to try to wrap things up. So it will be more like 12 years in one show.

11. ArizonaAmy

ArizonaAmy Member

May 26, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    A statement from Reunion Executive Producer Jon Feldman: "Because the events of Samantha's murder are partially reliant on characters we haven't yet met — and events we haven't yet seen — there is no way to solve the mystery of her murder without being able to complete the full arc of our story through the present day. I greatly regret that this question along with many others that the series has posed will remain unsolved, and I am deeply grateful for the support of viewers who share this regret."

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Yoo hoo, Mr. Satan! Would you turn the heat on FOX back up to 12 million degrees? And include the show's producers, too, for apparently not having a shred of compassion for the 7 million people who watched their show? Big crocodile tears, boo hoo hoo, we can't tell you.

13. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    So this never aired, right? Sons of beaches!