Returning Back To Tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by slycon, Aug 7, 2007.

1. slycon

slycon New Member

May 26, 2005
    Been awhile since I've browsed here. Over a year to be exact. When I moved in with my girlfriend, the cable company's DVR was a cheaper option than my old tivo, so we went with it. You know what I can do with Cablevision's DVR? I can sort from A-Z or Z-A! That's about it. No season passes. No home media features.

I missed my Tivo horribly. The little "ba-dup" sounds the most, to be exact! :p I called them up to see what they could offer me. A new (not refurbed) series 2 dual tuner, 80 hours and a tivo wireless adapter all for $75. I couldn't resist. I signed up and it's due here on Friday, just in time for me to spend all weekend playing with it...eh, the tivo you pervs! :)

I've been reading alot about the series 2 DT on here. You can't record two digital channels at the same time, correct? One digital, one analog or two analogs....am I understanding this correctly? I called Cablevision up for clarification and they explained it to me that any channel that has 3 digits to it is digital, channels 99 and under are analog. No problems there, as I have no clue what lurks above channel 79 anyways :up:

Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff and old favorites that I've been missing for so long. Just wanted to post since I saw a whole thread of people saying they are ditching their tivo's, and wanted to let tivo know they have a returning customer that very much dislikes the competition after experiencing it and can't wait to be back with them :)

2. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Since you have Cable why not look at the Series 3 or better still the TivoHD. it works with Cable providers.

But the Series 2 DT is a good unit. Welcome back to Tivo and have fun :D