Restricted Transfers

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gambrose, Jan 25, 2006.

1. gambrose

gambrose New Member

Feb 18, 2005

Advertisements

All of a sudden yesterday of all my new recorded prorgrams (four) on three different channels showed up as copyright restricted when I tried to transfer them between 2 tivos. The shows were the Shield, american idol and 2 blues clues. I have transfered the shield and idol as recently as last week so this really came out of no where.

Anyone else have similar issue or know of a way to fix this?

Thanks...

2. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    there have been other threads on this and invariably it was misconfigured equipment at your broadcast provider that was the cause.

You can call your provider directly as it is illegal what they are doing and they need to fix it. Also TiVoPony has dropped in on other threads about this and gotten the info needed to contact the provider as well.

3. gtrogue

gtrogue Mentally Hilarious

Jun 18, 2001
    Atlanta
    Actually the Fox broadcast would be illegal. They could protect The Sheild if the wanted to.

4. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    true, thanks for the clarification

5. gambrose

gambrose New Member

Feb 18, 2005

Advertisements

Happened again yesterday, although the only show it recorded was idol again. I am surprised that no one else seems to be having this same problem since I have direct tv (in norther virginia) with a series 2 box (actually two of them), which I assume is common setup.

6. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    When this has happened in the past, there was something in the signal that was mistakenly activating the flags. Check your connections and bypass any splitters you may have. You might also ask the cable company to hit your box again, as we recently had a report that this fixed one customer's issue.

7. samo

samo New Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Littleton,...
    He cant ask his cable company because he has DirecTV. :)
    Actually your setup is very uncommon because absolute majority of DirecTV users use DirecTiVo. And since you can get DirecTiVo free after $100 rebate, it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get one or two of them.

8. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    And then the MRV problem is solved ..... because there is no MRV (at least not officially).