Restored Image - Stuck Ver. 2.5

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gschoen, Aug 3, 2007.

1. gschoen

gschoen Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I had a drive go bad in my Philips DSR6000. I re-imaged back to the remaining drive with my 2002 backup. I'm stuck with ver. 2.5-01-1-001 and phone calls aren't updating the software. Also, channels 1-100 (locals) don't appears in the guide and give "channel not available" message when directly tuned.

I'm afraid I restored to a time before service updates were done over the satellite and no longer being provided through the phone. Possible? I have no idea why the local channels aren't working, everything worked fine when I created the image back in 2002.

Any ideas how I might get the update or fix the locals?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You should call DirecTV. Maybe a reauthorization of the access card will trigger the locals and also getting the latest software version (which would have to come over the phone line).

3. lovemytivo

lovemytivo New Member

Jun 23, 2002
    South...
    I am having the same issue with my DSR6000R1. It is an older Tivo that I have had sitting around and not connected. My primary DSR6000 failed a few weeks ago and I am using the DSR6000R1 as a replacement until I can fix my primary one.

However, I am unable to receive local channels. I'm thinking it may have something to do with Satellite setup. Have you entered your Zip code and then gone through the Satellite setup? I tried to do this but it hangs at 28% when retrieving satellite information. I assume this is the case because the receiver may not know my local area.

I spoke with a CSR at DirecTV and they assure me the card is activated properly so it seems it may be the setup.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The 28% problem is a bug that was fixed in a later update. You can work around it by disconnecting the sat feeds, restarting the box, and when it complains about "searching for satellite", press the DirecTV/TiVo button. Now connect the feeds.

The local channels has nothing to do with satellite setup or zip code. Call the number on the screen and enter the extension (722, usually). This will cause the local auth to be resent (usually).

5. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    GSchoen suggest you go to www.dvrupgrade.com and buy the current version of InstantCake for your machine. That will give you the near current version for your machine. remember when doing settings go from the bottom of the screen up. Redo guided settings for satellite first(this gets your zipcode) then do phone setting(the area code) the correct area code and if necessary how you dial local numbers. Good Luck