Restart TIVO through browser (Roamio)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rock714, Oct 31, 2018.

1. rock714

rock714 New Member

Jun 18, 2008

Advertisements

My TIVO is located in a rack that it not easily accessible. Sometimes the IR / wireless function of the unit gets bunked but I can still connect to the TIVO through my browser on my local network.

Is there a way to restart/reboot the TIVO from my browser? ie http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/adminmenu

If not is there a way to do it through a command line or other way? ie :\> restart xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Is there a problem that requires a reboot frequently? Also there is the HDUI Restart:
    Thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play.

I have severe RF interference. My solution is to just cover the front of my remote with my hand and get back to RF mode.

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I don’t know about using a browser, but you can definitely do it using the remote control on the TiVo app.

4. rock714

rock714 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Thanks for the input.

The Tivo does not need a restart very often.

I can remote connect to my home network. I primarily need the browser-based restart for when I am traveling on the road and the family does something that bonks the system. I have tried and failed to walk them through a restart with the remote but it just does not happen so I can't use the remote and I can't use the app because my phone is not on the local network.

I am able to open a browser on the home network through a remote connection to my in-home network. Just wondering if there is a way to restart.

5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

OK Google:

Restart the TiVo ?

-KP

6. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    If you run kmttg & it's webserver on a computer, you can initiate a reboot through a browser pointed at the computer running kmttg with something like the following:
    Code:
    <ip addr of computer running kmttg>:<kmttg web server port>/reboot?tivo=<tivo name in kmttg>

Example: http://192.168.1.23:8004/reboot?tivo=RoamioOTA

krkaufman likes this.
  7. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Buy a smart power plug?

HerronScott likes this.
  8. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    You can reboot from the iOS app...I’m pretty sure. I haven’t done t, but there’s an option like “restart streaming device” when you dig through the settings.