Restart playback from the beginning

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by indiansprings, Oct 16, 2007.

1. indiansprings

indiansprings New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Is there anyway to restart a program from the beginning that I have partially watched on the series 2, DT unit without "rewinding" to the beginning?

2. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    Resume playback, engage rewind ("first gear" is sufficient), and hit skip-to-tick repeatedly and it will jump backwards in 15-minute increments until it hits the beginning. This process only takes 3-4 seconds, tops.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You don't even need to start rewinding. Just hit skip-to-tick (the ->| button) until you get to the end. Press it once more and it will wrap around to the beginning.

4. ToddNeedsTiVo

ToddNeedsTiVo Shampoo is not toxic

Sep 1, 2003
    Ankeny, IA
    You do if you have skip-to-tick reprogrammed as the 30-second skip, as I do. When moving in any speed of fast forward or rewind, the button reverts to its normal stt action in the direction currently engaged. From there, either stt to the end and rollover, or stt backward as desired. Whichever is closest, I suppose.

5. heidismiles

heidismiles New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    If you're kept the default function for that button, you should just be able to hit it once (during regular playback) to get to the end of the program. Then, hit it once more to go to the beginning.

6. indiansprings

indiansprings New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    thanks to all for the information.