Resolving schedule conflicts with a DT

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CorinaB, Sep 29, 2007.

1. CorinaB

CorinaB New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    I just set up my first tivo, and programmed in a lot of season passes. According to my history, some of them won't record due to schedule conflicts, but I am having trouble sorting out exactly where the conflicts are. Is there a way to get it to tell me both shows that a show is conflicting with? I think I did this on my cable DVR by switching tuners, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Corina

2. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    While in the history, select the show that is not going to record and it will tell you why.

Don't forget to prioritize your season passes. If you make the shows you like best higher in the pecking order they will always get priority. sometimes Tivo see's it can get that show later but not the one it is recording. I noticed it really is a smart device.

3. CorinaB

CorinaB New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks, Soapm. I have prioritized my season passes now. :up: But my real problem is that when I do go into history and see why something's not going to record, it only tells me one of the shows there is a conflict with. Since my tivo has dual tuners, there should be two shows. But maybe the tivo isn't capable of listing them both for some reason? Hmmmm...

4. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    You could go in the todo list at that date and time and see what it's recording. That is probably your conflict???

5. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Corina?

Is it possible both shows you're trying to record need a cable box to tune the channel?

Your machine can only tune one cable box channel at a time.

If both channels require the cable box, the TiVo's own tuner can't get either channel to do a second recording at the same time.

6. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I've noticed this on my DT also: When there's a conflict on both tuners, recording history only lists the higher-priority one. You have to scroll down to the date/time in the To Do list to find what the other conflicting program is.

It would be nice if it could list both programs instead of making you do that.

Sometimes, of course, as gastrof describes, there actually only is one conflicting show b/c both programs you're asking for need the cable box. You can infer that from RH if you look at the channel number of the show listed as a conflict and see that it's a box-requiring channel. But it could be a lot clearer.

Ideally, RH would distinguish between these situations. It could say either "Program xx is not scheduled to record because Program yy will record on tuner 1 and program zz will record on tuner 2" or "Program xx is not scheduled to record because Program yy will record on tuner 1, and program xx and program yy both require the use of your cable box" -- and then you wouldn't be left wondering exactly what the issue is.