Resolution keeps dropping

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TuringComplete, Nov 28, 2011.

1. TuringComplete

TuringComplete New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    I have a HD Tivo connected to a receiver with HDMI. The problem is that the video output always resets to 480p. Any way I can get it to stay on 1080i?

2. c_franklin

c_franklin New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    If you manually switch to 1080i from the button on the front panel or the menu is it displayed properly?

If you connect the tivo direct to the TV and bypass the receiver does the same problem occur?

Turn on the front panel LEDs and see when the switch occurs. For most people it switches during a power on or power off. Some people have reported if they always power up/down the TV and receiver in a specific order it does not occur.

3. TuringComplete

TuringComplete New Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes.

Yes.

I was afraid of that. What an annoying thing to mess with. I don't remember it happening with component cables. Does anyone know if it's a HDMI thing?

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Technically it's probably an HDCP thing. The thing that uses the 2-way abilities of HDMI to be constantly making sure that you have permission to be watching what you're watching, and the handshaking your TiVo, reciever, and TV have to do with each other as a part of that probably has to occur in a certain order.