Reset GUI without reboot?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bmgoodman, Jan 24, 2018.

1. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    A few months back I saw a post here about resetting the (3rd gen, IIRC) user interface without having to reboot the Tivo. I tried it back then and it brought back my progress bars without a reboot. Sweet!

Of course, now I've totally forgotten the magic sequence. Can someone post it again, please? Thanks.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
  3. kitt84

kitt84 New Member

Apr 26, 2017
    From TiVo Central press Thumbs down -> Thumbs up -> Play -> Play

Mikeguy, jth tv, philco782 and 2 others like this.
  4. bmgoodman

bmgoodman Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Northern...
    Thanks so much!

5. Feb 7, 2018 #5 of 26
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    oh, from tivo central.. darn.. I have a not reproducible case of seeing the UI hang on my Roamio Pro.. if I go into the list of shows and QUICKLY try to connect to my P4, the UI will just freeze.. I've seen it at LEAST tens of times, just not on demand reproducible.. The first couple of times I saw it, I rebooted... Then I realized I could just wait and it will eventually time out to live TV.

Even trying to tell it to play a show (i.e. from a phone) doesn't do anything for quite a while (the same timeout amount), then it'll start playing the show.

6. Mar 1, 2018 #6 of 26
    lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    So far tonight is bad for SM.

There for:

Jeopardy!
    The Big Bang Theory
    Top Chef.

Missing for:

Project Runway All Stars
    Arrow
    Supernatural
    Gotham
    Beyond
    Grey's Anatomy

7. Mar 2, 2018 #7 of 26
    tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Yep, i was missing it on Gotham, Mom, Scandal, Young Sheldon. Some got SM really really late.

8. Mar 2, 2018 #8 of 26
    mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    What is SM? Other than the sexual usage which I assume is not the usage here.

9. Mar 2, 2018 #9 of 26
    tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Skip mode

10. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    There are many abbreviations used around here. Check my signature for a link that describes many of them.

11. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Oh, so it's not just me? Thursday is busiest day for my DVR and over half the shows I record did not have Skipmode

It was missing on:
    Arrow
    Grey's Anatomy
    Scandal
    How to Get Away with Murder
    Superstore
    AP Bio
    Will & Grace

In fact, the only shows that had skip almost immediately were Life in Pieces and Top Chef.

12. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I reported the six shows for which I was missing SM via the survey. Not sure they worked as when I hit "Next", it took me to the main tivo.com page with no acknowledgement of the report.

13. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Same here for Gotham and Grey's Anatomy, but wait should I have gotten a new Arrow and Supernatural?!?! My last recordings for those 2 were 2/8.

Scott

14. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Yes, they were both new.

15. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    SM largely missing again tonight. Don't have it on taken, Jane the Virgin, agents of shield. Only have it on blindspot and MacGyver.

16. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Had SM:

Once Upon a Time
    Blindspot
    Blue Bloods

Missing SM:

Taken
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

17. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Interesting so I didn't see anything in the History for either show so would seem they were not in my guide data (or the data for them wasn't correct in some way). I see both are supposed to be shown tonight at 8pm and 9pm here, but they weren't checked to record so I manually set them to record.

Scott

18. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Is the guide tor 03/01 still available on your TiVo? Sounds as if there may have been a local preemption.

I just looked at mine and the "Arrow" episode has an OAD of 2/27/18, which is of course wrong.

19. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I also have this exact issue, it drives me nuts, Hopefully RC30 will fix it. It hasn't happened since installing RC30, fingers crossed.

mattack likes this.
  20. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Was this the one that came out a few days ago? For some reason I don't remember, I went into network settings or somewhere else (actually I think it was the 'test connection' UI when the Tivo thought I wasn't connected), and saw pending restart.. I restarted and didn't watch it absolutely every second, but never actually saw an update install.. it seemed to take the same speed as any other regular reboot.