Rescue Me "Yaz" 9/12/2007 Season Finale *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Here we go with this season's finale. Okay the dark shadow figure was Tommy wasn't it? Wow Coleen is pretty dumb.. Thats funny if Black Sean and Coleen hookup Tommy will go ballistic!

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    damn disappointing, they had a ton of potential, and crammed it into the last 15 minute montage.

I think we all pegged the Colleen storyline, and they certainly made it clear who the ghost Tommy has been seeing is.

and I knew.. KNEW the ballgame was going to signal the end for someone, just wasn't sure who at the time.

I also still can't understand the logic of splitting our players across the 2 station crews, I'm sure someone thought it was a good idea, but I really think not having all the guys on the same shift took away the wonderful interplay between them.

a disappointing end to a disappointing season, I hope they're able to get a handle on what went wrong this year to see about fixing next season.

Diane

3. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Yeah I was surprised Tommy's Dad die but I had a feeling somebody was going to die.

4. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    There was very little reason to have the 5 tickets spread out in two different locations. It wasn't exactly a sell-out.

Of all the characters we have to continue to endure, I really, really, really wish Sheila would die. And if she could take Maggie with her, I wouldn't complain.

If this weren't a summer series with no competition whatsoever I'd delete the season pass for good. As it is, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to find enough to entertain me this time of year. :)

5. Kamakzie

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I tend to agree Doug, this season has been a complete disappointment for the most part.

6. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I think Tommy's dad was getting a little long in the tooth (in real life) and decided he didn't want to sign on for a 5th season. Then again, maybe he'll be one of Tommy's ghosts?

Tommy was the mystery ghost. Give me a freakin' break.

I don't understand the moonlighting as Jimmy thing either. Only if it is to make everyone think they are seeing him so that he doesn't appear to be the only one going crazy.

Black Sean and Colleen? I am not so sure that it will set Tommy off. His character mellowed out SO much this season, that I don't think it will matter. Stuff like towing his truck. Leaving his apartment. Credit card the daughter. Giving her a car. Letting her live with the wannabe rock star. Letting the probey get away with doing nothing at all even after a really good speech about why probies are probies. I just don't see Tommy doing anything about it.

I don't know. Maybe if I went back and watched it several episodes at a time, things would click better. But watching it one week at a time, this season just wasn't as fun as the others.

Oh, and it looks like Chief is going to put Tommy in for a Section 8. I wonder, since he found Jimmy's turn out coat, if he figured out that the "ghost" of Jimmy Keefe was Tommy?

7. jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    I dunno, maybe the dog was the ghost? :) Frankly the whole last half of the season has been so random and disjointed, I'll believe almost anything.

At least Tommy finally got Gina Gershon to do some crap that HE wanted! That's the only thing that's good about women like that! I called them "special needs" women. They have special needs, and they're always willing to give you something special in return. All you have to do is ask. Be creative. :) :)

8. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Since they brought the mangy mutt on the show I've had this feeling that he was Jimmy Keefe reincarnated. Sheila saw the note in the jacket so she knows (I think) that Tommy was the "ghost of Keefe", but the way she was hugging that dog just reinforced my feelings about it being Jimmy. Besides the mutt sort of reminds you of him I think.

9. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Good way to die tho.

10. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    The finale just summed up the season for me. Meandering, pointless, no story. Nothing wrapped up at all (though I'm not sure there was anything to wrap up). The ep was just like the season, a few random things happened but nothing was delivered.

I definitely miss the "guys round the table" stuff and I don't think Franco has appeared with the crew for a few weeks.

It's all been very disappointing to me. Compare it to last season where there were a number of ongoing stories that all wrapped or end satisfactorily in the last couple of eps. This year has no lasting ongoing stories and the finale leaves a ton of stuff hanging for next year but almost none of it running through the rest of this season, all just introduced in the last 15 minutes.

11. knownzero

knownzero Seeker

Feb 26, 2001
    Columbus OH
  12. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Okay, I need to ask a question. Is Denis Leary good looking? I think he's ugly, but they always have women fawn all over him.

13. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    He's the producer and writer, hence the women.

14. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Duh. I figured that much. I was trying to see if people attracted to men find him appealing.

15. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Where in that article did you see them commenting that it was a Series Finale?
    I see several mentions that it could make a good finale, but that they were hoping for a 5th season. Even the title line says "Season Finale"

Diane

16. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Up through about 1994 when Denis Leary was in the movie "The Ref" he was good looking. He's always had a mouth; but back then it was also pretty funny.

17. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Umm... the first paragraph.

Of course you did see the word "positing" in his summary of the article, right? :)

18. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Yes, yes he is. :up: I'll admit there are some scenes where he doesn't look his best - but put him in a blue shirt with that blonde hair and jeans - yum!

We're just talking physical appearance here. From what little I have heard about him, I'm pretty sure I'm not at all interested in the man behind the sunglasses.

19. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I took his Keefing as a substitiute for alcohol. Now that he's finally beaten that demon, he needs to fill that void with something. He's an adrenaline junkie.

20. jennifer

jennifer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2001
    I've never, ever thought he was good looking. However, in the scene where he's telling that girl what his needs are, it was kinda sexy :up:**

**says the girl who watched the stairwell scene in Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice a dozen times. :eek: