Rescue Me: Season 7, Episode 5: Head

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey

Advertisements

Boy this show seems to have lost steam around here.

I love the blackmailing in this episode, and Sheila was AWESOME!!!

2. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Sheila's tush was awesome too :) Loved this episode.

3. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My son always watches Rescue Me and Unnecessary Roughness...he calls it his "Sheila double feature" :)

4. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    BTW, when did Franco become such a d*ck?

5. jtonra

jtonra Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Wilmington,M...

Advertisements

Best epsisode in a long time IMO.

6. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Last season at least. I was so happy Black Sean laid him out. The guy was always a d*ck. Now he won't tow the line. He is right about Tommy though. Both are real d*cks.

Great episode though.

7. bikegeek

bikegeek Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Amesbury, MA
    Sheila hasn't been very exciting this season until this episode. She rocked it!

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I guess when I think about it, he's always been that way, right from when he was "taking care" of Tommy's wife.

9. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I really liked this episode. Agreed, Shelia was particularly awesome. I also liked the scene where Tommy was laying down the law for women. LOL.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I loved how the cop punch Tommy after actually doing him the favor he asked.

Also anyone notice that the name of the camera guy on his card was...Peter Tolan....who co-writes and produces the show with Dennis Leary.

11. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
    So Sheila goes to headquarters and tells the two suits about "Doug" Hanrahan and his office tryst with Mike ...

... how is that supposed to get Tommy un-suspended?

Seems to me that gets Doug suspended or fired, but why would it make Balspa or whateverhisname is sympathetic to Tommy? He clearly wanted a way to fire Tommy altogether.

12. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    This confused me too. If "Doug" were Balspa's boss, I could see blackmailing Doug to get him to force Balspa to drop the investigation. Instead, it seems like outing him to everybody may have just shifted Balspa's focus to him? Shrug.

13. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I don't think Balspa would want this information to become public. He doesn't need to have his department involved in a scandal.

14. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Definitely liking this season more than last year, that's for sure. At the end of the first episode when Tommy took the swig of vodka I was like "they're really gonna do this AGAIN!?" but when he spit it out at the end of the scene I thought "thank god". The Gavin's are still dysfunctional, but at least Tommy is trying to make it work this season instead of the typical stupidness that goes on. Hopefully the drinking and the tired "everyone sleeping with everyone" angle (Sheila and Mickey was definitely a low point, "we're running out of ideas" story line) will stay on the back-burner and they keep it going in this direction.

Franco might be a dick but I probably side with him more than anyone else. I'm all for brotherhood and all that but shouldn't they respect him enough to understand where he's coming from? The guys in the house pull s*** that no other firehouse pulls and he's looking at his future. I think it's the first sensible thing the character has done since the show started.

I was tired when I watched this so I thought I missed something because I didn't follow the blackmailing thing at all. I guess it worked because Balsba didn't want another embarrasing thing to go down (especially one that effected the brass), but all that story did was make me feel kind of bad for the guy that got fired, lol. They totally ruined that guy's life for no reason. Oh well. The whole scene where Mike reveals the hook-up was hysterical. Such an idiot. I love how people barely bat an eye at his behavior now (designing wedding dressing, secret rendevous w/ FDNY brass).

Maury Tierney continues to astound. I can't imagine it was easy for her to go through this in her own life and then come on the show and do it all over again but she seems ballsy like that. I imagine her portrayal of how Kelly is handling it is close to how she handled it.

15. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    :eek: I had no idea she had cancer in real life! Guess I need to follow the celebrity tabloids.

I agree that her performance on the show has been great. Most of the actors on the show are pretty good, it's just that the storyline has faltered a bit the past few years. This year is good.

16. super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    She was on Californicaion last year and you saw more than her tush, I was surprised she went so far.

17. HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Saw that too. Wasn't disappointed :)

18. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I will have to look for that now :) Do you know the episode and if the show is streamed on Netflix?

19. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Apparently FX has some bad guide data ... that annoying three-minute replay for last week's episode was titled "Jeter" (which is an episode that hasn't aired yet) instead of "Head."

20. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    finally watched it last night - favorite episode in a while for me, back to what I remember the show could be. loved the sex / gas discussion with Garrity and his farter girlfriend - can't remember the exact quote but the tiny penis making her fart less than the other guys was funny...