Rescue Me "Keefe" 9/5/2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sep 5, 2007 #1 of 27
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    2nd to last episode of the season, next week is the finale of a lackluster season..

2. Sep 5, 2007 #2 of 27
    billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I so thought the chic in the bar was going to be a dude. Other than that, this was the same as the rest of the season. Need more Lou.

Whats up with the new crew, they don't have enough story lines going they need to bring in a whole crew? I know it has to do with probe drinking and all, but really. Also the real FDNY must be pissed at the plot line that there is a crew that is drunk all of the time.

3. Sep 5, 2007 #3 of 27
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Yeah I was thinking hermi for the chick in the bar to. Looks like they might setup Black Shawn with Coleen! That would be funny especially how Tommy thinks for him

4. Sep 6, 2007 #4 of 27
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    What is motivating Tommy to do all the hero stuff now? Is he just hiding from all his problems in his job?

5. Sep 6, 2007 #5 of 27
    JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    It all has me lost to be honest. The new crew just appears, Tommy the secret hero, all the fighting at the AA meeting, the whole Chief daughter thing, Gina's story, I even thought that Garrity's girl wasn't THAT bad looking.

It's like watching a snapshot of real life where there really isn't a story, just life.

6. Sep 6, 2007 #6 of 27
    jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    Yeah, I also think the show has gotten totally random. Maybe I just watch too casually to get everything that's going on. I don't understand the new crew thing at all.

7. Sep 6, 2007 #7 of 27
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I thought she was pretty cute. She was massively annoying the next morning, but she was certainly no dog. They really should have cast someone a lot frumpier than that (or maybe someone really fat :D).

8. Sep 6, 2007 #8 of 27
    fliptheflop

fliptheflop Member

Sep 20, 2005
    I think Tommy saving people has a lot to do with not being able to see his cousin anymore.

9. Sep 6, 2007 #9 of 27
    pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I did love how they kept the 2 "visions" of the girl in the bar depending on who's perspective we were watching.

The new crew is just too random though.

10. Tulsawatcher

Tulsawatcher Member

May 26, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    So next week will be the ho-hum season finale to a ho-hum season. My very top fave show until this season has become a snooze fest. So sad.

11. billboard_NE

May 18, 2005
    I missed the two visions of the girl in the bar, but I am terrible with faces.

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    So is Tommy on a suspension or something right now? Or is he pulling his shifts with the regular crew, then sneaking around with the other one? He doesn't seem to be doing anything "official" at the house. This really has me all confused - and it's been such a bleh season I don't even want to go back and watch the previous eps to maybe figure out what's going on.

Even the spying by Franco, which could have been entertaining done right, just seemed anti-climactic, and ultimately pretty meaningless. Even the family meeting had no real back-and-forth other than the childish "no-you are" kind of dreck. Man, for someone who really enjoyed this show and recommended it highly to friends, I don't know if I'll even be watching next year. I think it will depend more on what else is on when this is than whether I'm interested in this show. I'll record it and keep an eye on whether the buzz is a good "YES! Rescue Me is BACK!" or "Oh My God - why are they even doing another season?"

13. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I think they simply found a use for footage that ended up on the cutting room floor from past episodes... and some 9-year-old was given the task of assembling the pieces together.

14. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    There's no other explanation.

15. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I actually liked this episode.

I don't recall us seeing lou actually hook up with his cousin's girl. Did I just forget that or something?

16. Meinrad

Meinrad dumdiddydum

Nov 16, 2001
    Pittsburgh Area
    The Tommy thing is obvious. The new chief doesn't like his hero antics and told him he'd be gone if he continued. So he sneaks around off duty with the other crew and plays hero. To do that storyline they had to start showing the other crew. The only odd thing is that Lou is always the other crew too. Guy can't work double shifts everyday can he?

17. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    Man, you nailed. What the HELL is up with Tommy hiding in the truck and then saving people all secret-like? Why is there ZERO explanation as to why he is doing this? WTF?

I cannot believe how far this show has fallen.

18. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Hi:
    Yeah, Lou is always on the other crew..but so are some of the other guys.
    Doesn't make any sense...there is no "cohesion" to the guys in the firehouse anymore.

If we didn't know their connections from last year, we wouldn't know what was going on ....

And, although the "new" guys are always drinking, there is no plot development or storyline around it at all...In fact, their lives don't seem to be anything but drinking at the firehouse and on the job!

I do like the show and will watch it again next year in the hopes that they realized they need to get focused again. This year is just all over the place and not focused on storylines...or the storylines that are happening (i.e. the baby thing) are just pretty ridiculous...

Anyway, still like some of their lines and the situations, so I'll watch the finale and hope that they get back on track next year.

Also, where is Sheila? Where's Tommy's wife? What happened to Sheila's boyfriend who treated Tommy like a god? Some of those things would have been more interesting...
    And the whole thing with Gina Gershon...I know initially she was hot, but she's just being weird now and that storyline is somewhat lame...

oh well....

19. billboard_NE

May 18, 2005
    Ok, so EVERYONE believes that this season has taken a cutting edge show into the bottom of TV quality. What changed producer? writers? Denis Leary started drinking? stopped drinking.

Sign me very disappointed.

20. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Yep, everyone here is saying the same things.

And I just had these same conversations about the show last night with a friend of mine. She actually said "random and confusing", which is the prevailing theme here. The storylines are going round and round on a treadmill without actually going anywhere...and they aren't interesting enough to make us care.

We were both like, "where the hell did this crew come from? why is Tommy running around pretending to be a ghost? why did Tommy try to nail some random girl in the middle of a fire?"

I hope Rescue Me gets a clue soon. This season is such a departure.

If things don't change, the series truely has "sold the baby".